THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New guy--Little slice of heaven !!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New guy--Little slice of heaven !!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently got my new Chapuis 9.3 from the group buy with Dale; she is a BEAUTY, fits me like a glove, and sure does shoot. As soon as I can figure out how to do it, I'll post pics. And, to add to the joy, I just found out yesterday, after years of trying, I finally won a tag in the NH moose lottery for this fall. How's that for timing? Since I doubt I'll ever make it to Africa, this is all the more outstanding for me. And I finally qualify for the DRSS after a long time reading, learning, enjoying and dreaming ; I can't tell you guys how much I have been looking forward to this. So whattaya think guys, am I in or what?
thanks
Rick

DRSS

Posts: 709 | Location: Gulf coast SW Fla. USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Conragts.

Look forward to pics of the rifle and the moose.

Might be a good time to buy a lotto ticket Cool

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Just a word of caution: new_guy is a poster on this forum. So when you title a post "New Guy - -Little slice of heaven", well, it sounded like you may have be going in another direction...

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GREAT !!! The best use of a double rifle is when you can enjoy it here in the states.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Foxhound, congratulations on joining the DRSS. I regret to inform you that our standards as to personal performance or ethics are a bit shy. However on the bright side; it is our continuing devotion to excellence in arms which keeps our heads above water. Give the Moose a right and a lft so that the rifle will maintain it's perfect balance.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Might
quote:
Originally posted by 308Sako:
Foxhound, I regret to inform you that our standards as to personal performance or ethics are a bit shy.

Might I inquire as to the meaning of the above sentence? In private if that suits you! Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apperently 308Sako does not approve of chasing fox from back of a pony using hounds. Expensive sport.

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, please excuse my poor attempt at humor. I find the company and ethics represented herein well above the norm. I have no problems with Fox hunting, as it is a rather well done tradition here abouts.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote