Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Observation
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted
Just for info; seasoned DR shooters needn't read this as they already know it.
Newer shooters, or potential DR owners, might find it Interesting.
At the range yesterday, with my 500 NE. It routinely shoots everything easily into 2 inches at 50 yards, when fired from sitting, unsupported position. You probably don't want to hunker down behind it, low on a bag; at least I don't.
Well, a friend was with me, and had never fired a DR before, but he is a good shot with bolt guns, and is not afraid of recoil. And let's say he is a "beefy" guy.
He sits down, holds it like I was doing with just elbows on the table, sitting up straight, and proceeds to shoot into ONE inch. Not kidding. He fired 6 Rs and Ls. (I never fire just one barrel, no matter what) When he fired it, it didn't move nearly as much as it does when I shoot it. He literally soaked up all the recoil but he did say he could feel it.
Anyway, seems that rifle was made for him.

Posts: 17281 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
dpcd,
It's good of you to bring this up,hope it helps some new shooters,shooting a DR does take some learning.

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Sabbati 470 at good price. Had my good pal over and he proceeded to shoot it better than me. He has about 80 lbs. over me.

Posts: 3530 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
So.....
I should eat more pizza, pie and ice cream before my next safari? Count me in dancing

Posts: 310 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote