New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS Merkel DR 7x65R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am posting this on the classified section also but thought it might get more attention here.
Bought this gun for myself (the 7x65R is a favorite of mine)a few years ago but have never found the time to play with it and have far more guns than I have time to shoot so I am going to cut her loose.

Merkel O/U double rifle in 7X65R, double triggers, ejectors, front trigger is a set trigger for the bottom barrel, claw mount and Zeiss (Jena) 4x scope in rail mount (German 3 post type reticule, nice and clear). Iron sights visible with scope in place through a tunnel in the rings. Three piece forearm, gun was proofed 9/75. Solid wood with only minor marks in varnish from hunting. Blue on triggerguard 98%, blue on barrels 95% or better, coin finish action (flat gray), bright bores with no problems. Barrels 25 1/2" long, 14 5/8" lop, weight 124 oz with out scope and 140 with scope. Locks up like a bank vault, tight on face. $4400 and $60 shipping (in a hard case) to the first 48 states.
The 7x65R is one of my favorite cartridges for double rifles and combination rifles, think of a 280 Remington with a rim. Cartridges are available from Sellier & Bellot, RWS, Norma, and others.
Pics on request.
ken@kebcollc.com

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in your rifle, and made a post on the Classified! How well does this rifle regulate, with the factory ammo you mention in your discription?

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pics sent, let me know if you do not get them

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
Pics sent, let me know if you do not get them

Got the pictures, thanks! looks like a nice rifle, but I wish I knew how it shoots,
re-regulation is expensive! If it is even close with any factory ammo, the loads can be adjusted to shoot porperly. Merkels have always been well regulated, in my experience, but one never knows for sure till the target is seen!

I bought one O/U, that turned out to be very badly in need of physical re-regulation. I still have that double rifle, and it is takeing a trip to JJ this summer! $$$$$$$$$$$ Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote