THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    DOUBLEGUN HEDQUARTERS 20 BORE SLUG DOUBLES ??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DOUBLEGUN HEDQUARTERS 20 BORE SLUG DOUBLES ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have seen the ads for the twenty bore doubles that Doublegun Headquarters had for sale for a while. They look nice and read good. It looks like I will be limited to whitetails, black bears and pigs from here on, mostly in the South on the east coast. Deer are small here, bears can get pretty big. A bad shoulder limits my recoil tolerance. And rifles can't be used in most places I hunt.

Does any body have any field experience with them? Did you try buck shot or fine shot? What kind of accuracy did you get? Did you try putting a scope on it? Bigger black bears and Brenneke 20 ga. slugs? Any other thoughts?
Curious minds want to know.
Thanks
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My advice would be you'd be better equipped with a rifle sighted Remington 870 or rifle sighted self-loading shot gun.

Why?

Slugs always give the shooter the best chance to put them in the best group if the weapon is iron sighted. Buckshot sight or a bead equally good.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an 835 Mossberg that has killed a bunch of deer with slugs and buck shot. It works perfectly. My best reason for considering one of these is 'because.'
Not much of a reason, but it's the only one I've got.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a fully-rifled 12 bore sidelock double, but it's probably more then you need, $$$-wise.

Posts: 20138 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Here is a 12b built up by the late Bob Hynden.
Bob's widow, Marie, is selling it.
Looks like good work so far and not much needed to finish it up.

http://forums.nitroexpress.com...arch=true#Post305013

Posts: 3243 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote