THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    NEW Sabatti Double Rifles announced at DSC Expo
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Sabatti Double Rifles announced at DSC Expo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Upon learning that the Italian Firearms Group was the new importer for Sabatti double rifles I emailed them on 12/28. It took 30 days but I did get a reply. Below is the text of my email and the reply:

On Dec 28, 2014, at 7:03 PM, viperidae wrote:

I have a few questions about the Sabatti Big 5 Classic Safari you offer. With the regulation issues seen in some of the rifles previously sold by Cabelas do you guarantee the regulation of these rifles? Are they available with or without ejectors? What would the price be for one in .470NE with extractors (if available)? Thank you in advance for your time.

Hello,

The guns IFG will be importing are a higher trim level than that of the Cabelas guns. That said, we can send the barrels of the guns back to Italy for re-regulation if the problem warrants that level of repair. The Big 5 will be available in all configurations. A Big 5 EDL (side plates) double trigger with extractors is $6,900.00. The same gun without sideplates is $6,100.00.

Thanks, IFG Amarillo

I am not really satisfied with that reply. It seems unwise to bring a product with know quality control issues back to market at a similar but higher price point without clear assurances the problems are fixed. There was no mention on how the previous issues were addressed as to no longer be problematic. I don't care about the level of trim...it needs to be a correct double rifle for dangerous game.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by viperidae:
Upon learning that the Italian Firearms Group was the new importer for Sabatti double rifles I emailed them on 12/28. It took 30 days but I did get a reply. Below is the text of my email and the reply:

On Dec 28, 2014, at 7:03 PM, viperidae wrote:

I have a few questions about the Sabatti Big 5 Classic Safari you offer. With the regulation issues seen in some of the rifles previously sold by Cabelas do you guarantee the regulation of these rifles? Are they available with or without ejectors? What would the price be for one in .470NE with extractors (if available)? Thank you in advance for your time.

Hello,

The guns IFG will be importing are a higher trim level than that of the Cabelas guns. That said, we can send the barrels of the guns back to Italy for re-regulation if the problem warrants that level of repair. The Big 5 will be available in all configurations. A Big 5 EDL (side plates) double trigger with extractors is $6,900.00. The same gun without sideplates is $6,100.00.

Thanks, IFG Amarillo

I am not really satisfied with that reply. It seems unwise to bring a product with know quality control issues back to market at a similar but higher price point without clear assurances the problems are fixed. There was no mention on how the previous issues were addressed as to no longer be problematic. I don't care about the level of trim...it needs to be a correct double rifle for dangerous game.

As you have a dialogue, do you mind asking about the initial regulation procedure?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
The fact that they used these to put one over on the less informed / new to DR shooters is all I need to know about them.

I don't know how Sabatti regulated them for Cabelas. However, it has been well established that some had deficiencies in their regulation compensated for at the factory by deliberately grinding the crowns out of round. This brought both barrels on target. However, it potentially destabilizes the projectiles in rifles where maximum penetration is required.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like more Sabatti BS. Who here is going to to the test case. Does the 45/70 purchased appear to have ground muzzels?

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antlers:
Do they use heat to join the barrels?

animal

You Da Man, Antlers!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel:
You can by other brands in the 7,000 dollar rage right?

One can find a vintage .450ex or .500ex of British make which is much better for $7000.

That´s what I would put my money on.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
quote:

animal

You Da Man, Antlers!

They only use heat if the need to bend the barrels Tim.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
quote:

animal

You Da Man, Antlers!

They only use heat if the need to bend the barrels Tim.

What?!? They bend barrels?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Shhhhh! Let's just keep this between us OK??

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Shhhhh! Let's just keep this between us OK??

OK

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the new Sabatti's were at the SCI show? I didn't see them.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's all to often today to bring out a product with 90-95 % of the development done. Then they expect owners to do the rest of the work , find problems etc. On DG guns ? no thanks !

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
It's all to often today to bring out a product with 90-95 % of the development done. Then they expect owners to do the rest of the work , find problems etc. On DG guns ? no thanks !

I agree.When you look at the rifle and it needs work of all kinds everywhere on it you may feel unsure if it will work well.Most modern DR's are this way.You then think that only money is the name of the game with these makers.When attention to detail has been used outside it could also be that way inside.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote