Find
Notify
Tools

Who handles Siace doubles?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I was chatting on the phone yesterday with Ken at Kebco and the subject of Pedersoli hammer doubles came up. Ken said he understood the actions were provided to Pedersoli by Siace. The Siace Web site shows some nice doubles. Anyone know if there is an importer or distributor in the USA? I'd just be curious to see some price information.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16531 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought Ken was the importer for Siace? I got one from him. Great guns for the money and shoot really well. I have two 45-70s and love them. Oops I may have read that wrong. Cabelas carries Pedersoli guns. Why not get a Siace hammer gun.

Posts: 2832 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, Griffin & Howe out here handles Siace, and they have a number of them on their website (www.griffinhowe.com). I know them quite well, and could take a look at one you find interesting, and maybe see if I could trim the price back a bit for you.

Jon

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So is this another option for a moderately priced double and whats the general consensus on the quality compared to others?

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Biebs: Thanks for the offer to do legwork. I looked at the Siaces on the G&H site and they seem to be very nice guns. Prices are not as "moderate" as I had hoped for.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16531 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, their 45-70, 444 Marlin, etc rifles are priced for what you could buy a Merkel or almost a Krieghoff. I saw a very slightly used Siace a few months ago at First Stop in South Dakota , if I remember correctly, for $6,000 or so...that would have been worthwhile.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kebco not a dealer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to be handled by a dealer in Kittery, Maine. Not sure of their name.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill-
I have imported SIACE guns, although I only have a couple of demo guns in stock at this time. Give me a call and we can talk about what you want and I can get you a quote on a gun made for you.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
A friend had a beautiful custom made 9.3X74 made up , truly great work , I wanted a bigger bore then & was emailed just recently that Siace is now making a Big bore rifle in Cals - 375 Flanged Mag ,375 H&H,450/400 3in , 450/400 3 1/4 in , 416 Rigby , 500/416 , 450NE , 470NE , 500NE - I have not seen these in the flesh , but if any thing like they small frame , they will be great !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Sarg,
I bet that there's a typo in the email list of calibers. Surely they wouldn't make the 450/400 3 1/4 instead of the 450/400 3".

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike , I thought the same & 500/416 ?
But that is what they sent me , I was in a email battle with them back when we (the friend who bought one & I) were looking at they outfit , very good prices & great quality but only in the small Cals .

After I kept pestering them about large NE bores , Veronica told me they had to make a submission to the government to build any new Cals .
Maybe they just asked for a bunch of them , never really thinking of building any , but after working with my friend , they thought to get ready for any one . LoL !

Cheers

Oh you did see that 450/400 3in is on the list to ?

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
They must have decided to add all possible calibers to the list for the gov't application.
I thought it was a simple typo at first.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The local Gander Mountain always seemed to have one or two here in Florida.

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote