Find
Notify
Tools

Double Gun Hunt Photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Guys here are some pics from my double gun hunt with Tholo Safaris in Botswana. Jason and I talked about doing a double gun (or big bore) special group hunt next year. It would consist of 8-10 days- 2x1 guiding for 3 old eland bulls and 5 wildebeest (culling) each for around $6000ish. Would want to go Sept/Oct when it is dry and game is somewhat concentrated. Then all other animals would be on trophy fee like , kudu trophy for $1200, cow eland for $500, wildebeest/cull $300, etc. We would need 10 guys to get the group rate, but it would be so much fun, and everyone would get lots of shooting with their doubles. Drop me a note if interested.

I also just put up a full report with tons of photos on the African Hunt Report Section.

.470NE V-C using CEB 460 grain raptors with 110 gr of Normal Magnum Rifle Powder. Everything dropped on the spot or went less than 20 yards except kudu. I shot him back a bit, but he only went about 150 yards. This hunt was absolutely too much fun!

warthog 45 yards

Kudu 40ish yards

warthog 47 yards

gemsbok cow 116 yards

wildebeest 67 yards

Gemsbok bull 38 yards

wildebeest cull 30ish yards

zebra 164 yards

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Glad you had fun!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Tim

In some pix I see a red dot sight on your VC and others just the iron sights. Did you mix it up day by day?

George

Posts: 119 | Location: Redmond, WA | Registered: 06 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I did mix it up some, and that Docter comes off and on literally in 2 seconds the way Ken had it made.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Classy rifle for a classic hunt. Congrats.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice tu2 Big Grin

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
You are having WAY too much fun!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The grin is easy to understand. Congrats!!

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

why don't you bring your VC 450 ? In that way we can have a VC party With Tim ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Nice mess of critters. tu2

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote