New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Gold Sable
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just given a Beretta Gold Sable double rifle in 9.3x74r I can find no information about this gun it is a single trigger and has 8 boxes of Ammo with it the owner my nextdoor neighbor bought to to go hunting and never shot it and his kids don't want it. RB

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post

That's a very nice gift... I would thank him very much and go shoot it!

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 models I know of, The Silver Sable and the Gold Sable.

Both really nice guns.

Have always been told they shoot well.

I know a couple of people who have had them scoped and
they come up well.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in .30-06 with open sights only,It shoots like a dream with 125 Winchester Premiums, I originally wanted a 9.3 like yours but couldn't get one. Beretta Australia Have a new one in stock for about 14,ooo Aussie dollars' (Yes, That's 14 Grand.)Enjoy your beautiful Rifle . Cheers from Oz.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by rnb:

quote:
I was just GIVEN a Beretta Gold Sable double rifle in
9.3x74r {from A NEXTDOOR NEIGHBOR}

With things "going your way" like that you

better expect to start having people ask you
to pick lottery numbers for them!!! Eeker shocker Eeker

And where do you live? I'm going to buy the

house on the other side of your good neighbor. Big Grin

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This gun has no scope rings or bases where to get them installed right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.champlinarms.com for one, but you'll wait nearly a year to get the rifle back.

Jack

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had one and regret to this day selling it.

David Yale did a great job of inletting Talley bases into the rib. He used to be in Maryland as Susquahanna Machine but I think he is in Colorado now.He is worth finding for this application.

Larry

Posts: 378 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Great rifle. thumb

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great, I am moving today, perhaps I'll luck upon such a neighbour!

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChiefR53:
Had one and regret to this day selling it.

David Yale did a great job of inletting Talley bases into the rib.
He used to be in Maryland as Susquahanna Machine but I think he is
in Colorado now.He is worth finding for this application.

Larry

I've been told by a very, very wealthy gentleman who collects Purdey
guns and rifles that D. Yale is a top D/R smith.

I heard fine comments about John Maples too, who I think is in Texas.

Jack

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might try New England Custom Guns (NECG) for scope mount options. That's a bit of a specialty of theirs, particularly European firearms.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Purdey trained smiths here:

http://elephantandcastle.biz/gunsmithing.php

Jack

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what is the acceptable accuracy for a rifle of this type. in 9.3x74r

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information on the scope mounts I was able to get in touch with him in Colorado and will be sending the gun early next year when he has time, but I have had a offer for the gun and I might take it to buy one already set u for a scope from the factory.

one of us
posted Hide Post
rnb

I have used a 9,3x74R for a BUNCH of game from turkeys, deer, wild pigs, coyotes, beaver, black bear to all manner of African game including giraffe, cape buff and elephant.

Not to mention over a dozen impala and 2 dozen zebra.

The 9,3x74R is the greatest [ok one of the greatest] hunting calibres under 40 cal on the Planet.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
what is the acceptable accuracy for a rifle of this type. in 9.3x74r

I have killed a coyote at 281 yards, and a kudu at a little over 300 yards, both on video, and with witnessess with my scoped 9,3x74R double rifle.

ANYTHING I can do with a scoped 338 Win Mag, or a 375 H&H Bolt rifle, I CAN and HAVE done with a scoped 9,3x74R double rifle.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a pair of them one in 3006 and the other in 9.3x74 with an extra set of 20 ga bbls to fit either action. both rifles are scoped. the 9.3 has talleys cut into the rib (not a very big maching job) the 06 has a seet screwed mount that i made. the 06 will hold 1" groups with consecutive barrels with 57 gr 4350 & a 165 gr partition. the 9.3 will do about 1.5-1.75" and isn't fussy at all. usually i use 300 gr a frames but it shoots just about everything to the same point of impact

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the information on the scope mounts I was able to get in touch with him in Colorado and will be sending the gun early next year when he has time, but I have had a offer for the gun and I might take it to buy one already set u for a scope from the factory.

Dude! Your neighbor will kill you if he finds out you sold something like that after he gave it to you for free!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:

Dude! Your neighbor will kill you if he finds out you sold something like that after he gave it to you for free!

I agree.

setting up a scope on the gun is not that difficult and a factory scope set up won't
make any great difference.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the range, with a standing support(camera tripod and bag of lead shot) at about 60 meters it placed the last pair at the bottom edge of a standard twenty five yard pistol target with 6:0 clock hold one inch apart and a quarter of a inch to the right with factory RWS rap-x 291 gr bullets I guess that is good enough, called new england gun about have scope mounts done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told that it was a showroom sample at the Beretta Galley in Texas and the wood is some of the best I have seen from Beretta in fact far better than my SO5 and the picture that someone posted don't do it justice. Wish I was computer skilled or I would post photos. and I refuse to ask my College age son so he can make fun of me again.