New
Find
Notify
Tools

cheap intro
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was browsing Guns America came across this and thought it might be a cheap intro into the world of doubles for someone.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976722183.htm

The 50/140 of course

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR POSTING THIS INFO Razzer

although these are not the kind of double rifles most of us think of, consider this :

a 405 winchester built on a little 20 or 28 ga sidelock as shown at the top picture would make a super little boar and deer rifle, especially if he could increase the point of impact range

but even at 50 yds that covers most hunting in woods. and the price is surely affordable for an entry level double rifle.

does he offer these with ejectors ?

anyone know how to get more info on this ? Cool. tomo577

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i had a talk with the chap who is building these double rifles for approx $2,500. he seems honest and straightforward. he is using new cz shotgun actions and sleeving the barrels - putting his proprietary rifle liner inside the shotgun barrels.

he has a short list of options that would appeal to serious all weather hunters.

he gave me a 3 page set of information about his work . if someone could post it here i will email it to you.

sounds like he may have a decent beginners double rifle - the under $3,000 range is affordable, though i would not expect any appreciation. amy be worth checking out

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
can someone help me post info from this builder ?

i can email it to you

tom cabletools@alltel.net

TOMO577

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
No recoil pads? This looks to be the perfect application for a Limbsaver.
And in 45-70 sofa a great boar rifle.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote