THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Carrying detachable scopes detached
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrying detachable scopes detached
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted
Thinking about the take-it-off-when-you-need-the-irons argument versus put-it-on-when-you-need-it, just how do some of you carry your detachable scope in the field in its' detached state?

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a really good question. I think I will purchase a soft camera lense case for when I do it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A leather case hung from the belt on the right side, (I'm right handed). That's the way I use my drilling up here in Alaska when I'm bird hunting. But, I've never had to put the scope on to use the rifle. The game has always been close enough to use the iron sights. The last two times that I went out I left the scope at home.

Posts: 37 | Location: Sterling, AK | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the europeans make a very nice leather cas just for this. available in a variety of sizes to fit virtually any scope & mount set up.

the top is opened and the scope deposited inside . the top rides on the shoulder carrying strap so it can't get lost.

for pictures & more info send your e mail address to crownpress@alltel.net

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Packed a U.S. Optics scope for a long time in a make shift case made from PVC pipe, heavy wall, threaded on each end, lined w/foam, and makes for a very durable case and water tight, dust proof, jar proof, etc. in one very economical, yet excellent container for optics. U.S. Optics would take about any punishment you could imagine, but still nice to have it tucked away protected until you needed it. Paint the tube/caps any color you want, camo or OD or earth brown works good, easy to stow w/ gear, tie to pack, etc. Any paper work you want to protect from the elements fits handily iside as well until you need them.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I passed it back to one of the trackers and he stayed with me, like a shadow should I need it again..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.baron.se/products.asp?katid=139&lang=en

Great products and some seriously nice scope covers.

They carry in a sling on the back or side..

/C