Where dreams are born
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of scutulatus
posted
I believe this is the place-

470NE Searcy
9.3X74r Johann Springer

Posts: 130 | Location: oro valley AZ | Registered: 18 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might that be Boron, California?

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Somewhere down 20 Mule Team Rd?

Regards

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some nice dreams made in that little building!!!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Yep - that's the place. Not much to look at, but some of the finest double rifles int he USA come out of that place!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, been there a few times visiting with Butch! tu2

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Wow. I had no idea they were made in this warmed over gas station from 1956 at the absolute end of the earth, but I do know that my Searcy DR is a wonderful piece of hardware.

Posts: 17178 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Been thru there many times in years past. Only thing around there of interest to me at the time (many years ago) was all the experimental aircraft at Edwards. I have only seen one Searcy in person and that was a 500 owned by a PH in Zimbabwe who was really a top notch Lion man. The day I saw it he had killed a lion in his yard the night before. They had some bait on a trailer and the Lion decided he wanted it then. He said it was a really good rifle and he loved it and trusted it to take care of any Lion he encountered.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always enjoyed my visits there - and that Mexican resturant just down the road! Cheers.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Can't go see Butch without a visit to the Mexican Restaurant! tu2 By the way, I believe that's an old quonset hut from wartime, not sure that it was ever a gas station. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I guided a client with a Searcy on waer buffalo he brougth 200 ammo 470ne and we have had the oportunity to take hogs ostrichs alligators feral goats and feral rams with it .Good rifle we didnt have any issue with it .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote