New
Find
Notify
Tools

cross border shopping
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The recent post by Ron Vella brings to mind the issue of selling guns into the U.S..
Up north of the border, we have it figured out how to get guns imported fairly easy, and there is a growing list of businesses that are licensed to bring them into Canada.
How do we reverse the process? I know for fact that the market for many of my doubles is much better south of the border, and Lord knows, the exchange is definitely favorable if we are selling. What are the laws for selling guns into the U.S from Canada, and why is it such a PITA to make it happen?

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All you have to do is go thru US Customs and a Importer, not real complicated. Some gun stores are importers, some are not in the USA, but importers are many. I don't have a clue what Liberal Canada has in mind, nor do I care what Mexico does, they just smuggle everything into the USA, and the ATF furnishes them firearms.

Also all that is destined to loosen up with our new president who makes decisions based on the law and the constitution, something the last 8 years has not abided by...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42012 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I've purchased pre 1898 rifles and they were shipped directly to me: no BATFE and no customs duty if 100-year old antique. The proof of date when made must be absolute and accompany the rifle.

Post 1898 must go through the BATFE and their permit. It is easy to hire an importer to do all this. To get a .350 no2 Rigby from Oz to AK took several months and a total of $2000. It was worth it for this rifle, may not be for a low value rifle.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use "Guns Abroad LLC"

Great service, reasonable pricing. Easy

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
I have used several times "IRunGuns" to get guns from US to Canada. They're very reasonable and are importing monthly to Canada. I'm pretty sure they do the other way also. Wouldn't hurt to check them out.

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've use Prophet River many times to get guns into Canada as well, but it seems to be way more of an issue going across from Canada into the U.S.
What is the stipulation regarding "antique"?

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote