Find
Notify
Tools

22 Hornet Double Rifle
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
Well, it's mostly double rifle... but a drilling actually.

.22 Hornet by .22 Hornet over 20ga.

Appropriately engraved with squirrels.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Rusty, keep your hand off of your billfold.

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dang!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Y'all are kill'n me!
Nothing could be better, save a 22LR. Hunt'n West Texas jack rabbits with a small double rifle! Now that could be wonderful!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Hornet would be a perfict jack gun
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Well, start with a Huglu .410, and just add new barrels & $$$$. hillbilly

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have a .410 double trigger Stoeger Uplander taking a nap in the gun safe for that very purpose!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not consider the 22 Hornet a real "stopper".
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I do not consider the 22 Hornet a real "stopper".
Peter.

For Squirrel and Jack Rabbits?????? It is a cannon! lol

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
That is one of the most refreshingly nice rifles I've seen in quite a while. Are there any more specifics such as weight, barrel length and Lord help me, cost available? Thank you for the view.

I would most probably prefer a more pedestrian version to keep in the tool shed for the occasional rogue mouse, and solids are available for the .224 bore!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am lucky to have a beautiful color case hardened, engraved and finely figured 22 Long Rifle double rifle with a set of matching .410 barrels.
It took 9 men three years to build it in Birmingham. It just smokes jackrabbits and ground squirrels in west Texas!
My pride and joy.
I sold off 20 other nice toys to pay for it but I have no regrets.
I will send 308 Sako the photos and maybe he can post them.
The gentleman that headed up the building of this combo told me it was the only one he would ever do as it was "A pig to build!" Some comments about tiny parts that have to work just right etc. I have yet to sleep with this gun but I may in the future. Big Grin

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I admit it! I lust for Harry's 22LR Double Rifle! I plan to spike his Wild Turkey in his booth this year a DSC!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Slave driver...

Rusty, make it a double - double!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
The proud new owner emailed me this today.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris, I think you may have just pegged Rusty's lust meter off the scales.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chris, I think you may have just pegged Rusty's lust meter off the scales.

Mine too!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Harry,

I have a reason to come out to the house to visit you again. I want to see that beautiful gun in person.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
The only answer to the question, "Why would you want a .22LR double rifle?" Is "because I can!!"

That must be a joy to own and use!! I'm gobsmacked.

In fact I think I need to lie down...

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 308Sako:
Slave driver...

Rusty, make it a double - double!

I had the great privilege Of being one of the first people to see this rifle after Mims bought it. It handles like it was made for me, and I'm sure it was, but Mims beat me to it!

The 410 barrels set is so light it feels like it is made of very thin aluminum. The rifle is fitted in a beautiful lugage case with both sets of barrels, and when in the case I don't think the whole thing, case and all weighs more than 10 lbs.

I'm certain Mims has left this rifle to me in his will, but I'm older than Mims, so I have to stay on my vitamins, or set a trap for him to get the rifle! bewildered

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote