THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New double gun showroom in Texas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New double gun showroom in Texas
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hi all,

Saeed, I hope this is ok to post here as it is probably the biggest congregation of double gun enthusiasts.

Just to let you know that Athina Sporting, vintage guns have joined the Frisco Gun Club in their new English gun room that opened its doors yesterday.

There are 50 fine guns on display at the club, shortly to be accompanied with a range of Hoxleigh shooting accessories.

We will be replenishing stock with double rifles and shotguns, and we will be doing regular events where guys can come and shoot their own and our guns on the range.

If any members would like to arrange a double rifle shoot let me know and I will try and arrange a get together.

More pics on the way.

Rgds,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Kiri..... it looks the dog's doo dahs tu2 ........ Mind you, you'd be well advised not to let me in there because once in, you'd never get rid of me. I'd claim squatter's rights! animal

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Looks great. What part of Texas?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Hi Kiri

Congrats on the new shooting room. Will Diggory be coming over on occasion?

I saw your post on Red-Legged Partridge in Spain, must put that on my "to-do" list.
Gregg & I had a great time in Scotland with the Red Grouse, we are already
talking with a group of friends about coming!
Check out Kiri's write up if you haven't already seen it:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...8321043/m/6051070491

Let me know if you set up some sort of shoot in Texas, especially in the Winter
when it is below zero & snowing up here in Wyoming!

Cheers, Jim

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Steve, you would love it. It is certified for .50 cal on the indoor range. Big guns, and air conditioning!!

Palmer, The club is in Frisco just outside of Dallas.

Jungle boy,

I was out with Mikey yesterday to shoot a few pigeons and we were talking about you guys coming back. Spaces are filling up so let me know if you want to come back. I know you found those driven grouse really boring!! Wink

I will be in Texas in the next month or two. I reckon it will be August before you guys defrost this year!!

Kiri

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Kiri…congratulations! The next time I am in the Dallas area I will need to allow some free time to swing by and enjoy the gun collection.

Cheers,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kiri,

Good for you! All the best of luck with this venture.

Sadie and Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12876 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Can anyone drop by anytime or do we need to make an appointment and/or be a member of the gun club?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Kiri!
Wishing you all the best my friend!!!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

The club isn't my venture, just my guns. We met the guys from Frisco gun club, at DSC and agreed to showcase the collection at the club.

I t really is a great club and we will be working closely with the owners to put on interesting events and supply exclusive product.

Rgds,
K

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Great to hear, Kiri. Let me know when you are headed this way. I am in Frisco every month for meetings.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Cool...45 min from the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri

Enjoyed our visit at DSC, it great to see you with a presence here in Texas.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Kiri, looks good.

Mike tu2

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Awesome Kiri. I live in Frisco, The Frisco Gun Club is less than a mile from my house. Let me know when there is a get together.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Guys

I spoke to the range owner today and he is happy for us to put an evening event, or weekend shoot on for us perhaps with a dinner.

He is looking at installing moving targets so I'm thinking of a life size buff target charging down the range from 100m!!!

Could be gun to get a heap of double rifles out for some exercise.

Rgds,
Kiri

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
This is a new very upscale gun club in an upscale community just north of Dallas, Texas. It is about 40 miles from my home south of Fort Worth, Texas. I'll have to pay them a visit!

................................... tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Kiri!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Fallow Buck: Although we live in Austin, my daughter and I would definitely drive to Dallas if you put on a shoot/dinner.

Congrats on the new showroom!

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri, great new congratulations..

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I spoke with the owners and we will probably do a dinner event during the DSC show, and in the mean time I will try and work out when I will be in town and we can have a more impromptu get together.

Sounds like a plan in the making.

K

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Guys,

We are trying to arrange the diaries to do a shooting event, and dinner at the Frisco Gun Club on the second May Bank holiday weekend.

I will be coming over from the UK to test some new Hoxleigh products that we are developing specifically for the US market, so it would be a great opportunity to get together, shoot some guns and take your opinions of the kit.

Nothing set in stone just yet, but I thought I would let you know what we are working towards.

Rgds,
Kiri

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you bring the wife, take her to the ranch nearby where the show Dallas is filmed....maybe earn you enough "Good Boys" to buy something at the store :-)

Posts: 20089 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

My wife would be more interested in shooting big double rifles at the range!!

I knew there was a reason she was a keeper.

K

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I would be interested. I have not been to the range yet, but my brother is a member and has said great things about it.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kiri,
dinner or impromptu sounds great but please don't tell Biebs where or when it is going to be. He an't house broke yet!!!!!!
If you have room in the store for a few gem stones or custom jewelry let me Know i know someone who can supply them for you Big Grin
http://s32.photobucket.com/use...psfef06d6f.jpg.html] [/URL

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your African pendants would be most fitting. My wife loves hers that we picked up from you at DSC.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Hooker has very kindly donated a pendant in the shape of the back end of a bush pig as a prize for the double rifle shoot...

hammering

K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo at least it is not shaped like a horses back end Big Grin Big Grin

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fallow Buck:
Guys,

Hooker has very kindly donated a pendant in the shape of the back end of a bush pig as a prize for the double rifle shoot...

hammering

K

jumping yuck jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fallowbuck.
Impressive inventory and showroom display. Congrats on new opening.

ddrhook. Very nice.

Both are classy.

Posts: 268 | Location: Western Arkansas/Barksdale,TX. USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote