THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Another good guy report and the new Verney-Carron large Action 470NE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another good guy report and the new Verney-Carron large Action 470NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Being in the construction game, I can see the structural benefits of extra steel, particularly in change of directions tu2

If I am not mistaken, on the VC the full width of the round action (non-boltered) receiver is the same as the bolstered receiver INCLUDING the bolsters. Given that, there is more steel and more weight on the non-bolstered weapon, correct? I can't speak to which (from an engineering perspective) would be "stronger", but I think I would prefer more weight in the middle of the weapon provided by the round action.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Being in the construction game, I can see the structural benefits of extra steel, particularly in change of directions tu2

If I am not mistaken, on the VC the full width of the round action (non-boltered) receiver is the same as the bolstered receiver INCLUDING the bolsters. Given that, there is more steel and more weight on the non-bolstered weapon, correct? I can't speak to which (from an engineering perspective) would be "stronger", but I think I would prefer more weight in the middle of the weapon provided by the round action.

True with the standard weight action to the round action but not so with the larger 600 sized action.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote