New
Find
Notify
Tools

what was...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the longest six month period of your life? Mine is the next four weeks until I take delivery of my DR in 470NE...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Let me get this right. 465 was an H&H cartridge, maybe propriatory or not I'm not sure but I've only seen H&H rifles in this cal,and only sidelock, Royal.

Can it be?

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
..It took 4.5 months for Champlin Firearms to realize holycow they had to ship my DR...LOONG wait.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Akshooter:
Let me get this right. 465 was an H&H cartridge, maybe propriatory or not I'm not sure but I've only seen H&H rifles in this cal,and only sidelock, Royal.

Can it be?

The 465H&H wasn't only chambered by Holland's.

I have a WR Boxlock in 465H&H.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
quote:
Originally posted by Akshooter:

Can it be?

The 465H&H wasn't only chambered by Holland's.

I have a WR Boxlock in 465H&H.

Right, WR chambered it, and and quite a few german and austrian guns were chambered in the 500/465.

I have seen- Genschow (clamshell),Schuler (guild) clamshell, WR, Fanzoj,and I think a Francotte.

Very cool round, been wanting one of those too.

Rich,
Let the cat out of the bag, what are you getting?
Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's selling a Remington 45-70 DR and getting an H&H 465! I think Rich jumped more than a few rungs on the DR ladder, huh???

Ed, got the 416 barrel today...thanks..JB

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
George Caswell had a Holland boxlock 465 for sale that was later sold by Hollands in NY. Friend of mine bought it.
It looked to be a nice rifle. IIRC it was built in the early 1960's.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clem Coetse the famous Zimbabwe Parks Ranger had a WR 465 H&H that was well used and was his go to rifle for handling charging elephants. I saw and handled it at Main Camp in Hwange Park back in 1989.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MORE DETAILS RICH, AND PIC'S!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gustav Genschow. Proofed 6-31. Beautiful little rifle, and in THE caliber I have always wanted, but never thought to afford. It has made several trips to Africa this decade, and has seven (iirc) Elephant to it's credit. It will be accompanying me to RSA about April 8th. I have known the gentleman who is it's present custodian for thirty years, and spent nearly four hours at his house fondling it, and enjoying his collection of African trophies a couple days ago. I would never have gotten it from him, but for a serious desire on his part to keep Judge G from getting all of HH&K's Elephant allocation for 2010. I will likely never own anything else this beautiful in a firearm. As soon as it is in my custody I will get some pictures posted here.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG, Rich!

We hope to see you and your double at the next "Hoot and Shoot"

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
Logout: The Accurate Reloading Forums
Update LiveCloud Account Reply

Rich I remembering handling a very nice Genschow clamshell gun a few years ago (5,6 years), I think it was at Cabelas, or the gun show in Vegas cant remember things kind of run together. It was a really nice rifle--hope it is the same one.

Good find! I know we will all be waiting on the pic's.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote