THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    regulating the barrels of a baikal over under
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

regulating the barrels of a baikal over under
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of brainshot
posted
The Baikal double I use for boar hunting prints two inches low at 50 meters with the second barrel, independently of the load I use. There is a device for regulation between the barrels. My gunsmith tells me he never has done it an takes no responsibilty. Has somebody an idea how to proceed, apart from asking another gunsmith?

Posts: 79 | Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Did you get an Owner's Manual?

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brainshot
posted Hide Post
No manual. I emailed the manufacturer for a *.pdf but I am still waiting.

Posts: 79 | Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
JudgeG has a Spartan O/U in 308Win.(same rifle) You might PM him.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
The first time I shot my rifle was at the DRSS. I bought it as a joke (for only $300 n.i.b., btw). I had no idea how well it would shoot. With iron sights, .450 No.2 and I shot about 2", off-hand at 40+ yards and the triggers were actually quite good.

I'll look for the manual tomorrow. I don't believe that there is any left/right adjustment, but underneath the forearm, is an up/down thingy that is pretty self-revealing, as I remember? You don't need a smith. It is just a jack screw that puts pressure on the barrels.

My Baikal is a .308.. what is yours?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brainshot
posted Hide Post
Mine is a 30-06. It came with a Docter red dot sight for 956.- Euro