Find
Notify
Tools

Got New Fix'ns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
All set to try the New Hornady Brass and the Hornady bullets that I resized from .410 to .408,Yeeeehaaawwww!

Now if the Hollis gets out of the shop (firing pins draging on the primers when she opens) I'll be good to go!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, where are you getting the brass and bullets from? I still don't have my double yet but would like to get the brass and bullets supply up. I have the stuff on backorder from Grafs and Huntingtons and still no luck on acquisition.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
What load are you going to start with?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
I'm anxious to see how this works out for you.Mine also has .408 bores and a source of easy to get and inexpensive bullets sounds great.Good luck. thumb

Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 906 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bullets I bought the bullets directly from Hornady. The brass I purchased through a "Black Ops". Brass was smuggled into Houston by my pusher and I took posession of it at an undisclosed location in West University.

My load will be my usual 62 grains of RL-15 over a Federal 215 Mag Bench Rest primer and a Kynoch type filler wad.

Seriously, about the brass, I bought the brass for a friend who is a dealer and was doing some load development on a new double. He had some extra cases, which I purchased.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to find the Hornady stuff anywhere. Does anyone know when it will be released?????

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty

Glad to see you got your "fix". Amazing what lengths some men will go for a little piece of brass.....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ain't it the truth!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty

Please bring me 50 of them bullets resized to .408 to DSC/DRSS.

I will pay proper "pusher" fees, of course. Wink

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess that'll make Rusty the "Candyman"...

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote