Find
Notify
Tools

Turn screw H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted
Can anyone guide Me in the right direction to purchase one, looking for a vintage 40-50´s turn screw. I have the striker turn screw in buffalo horn but missing the flat one. Similar to the photo below.

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No photo showing.

Conneticut Shotgun? SKB on here?

I had them with my 500NE Royal Dlx, but not with current Royal.

DRSS

Posts: 1908 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
I have tried all the "big" firms but nothing yet. Will try with SKB

one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Hi Mr. Dahlgren,

Try my friends Jeet and Raj company Gurams.com

Jeet and Raj Guram are descendants of Raja Bhagmal Jat of the royal house of Bithur.

They make excellent campaign furnitures as weell as other equipment for your next Shikar, including screw drivers.

Im particulary fond of Gurams damascus steel pig sticking spears with light bambu handles. You cant go wrong with them when mr. Booker gives you and your horse a fight.

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Hi, yes they do fine things and I have some campaign furniture but im not looking for a newly produced turn screw.

SKB did not have.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You might have to have a custom knife make you one to match..I doubt you can find a match. but find a wood handled less expensive one and have the handle copied in Ebony or buff horn, whatever..Just a thoght..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Thanks got exactly what I wanted on ebay. Buffalo horn, correct stamps for the age etc. Thanks. The case is now complete. It only took me 6 months waiting but they show up there from time to time.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a needle in the hay stack!!
What did you search on ebay??
I never thought about looking there!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
That was a needle in the hay stack!!
What did you search on ebay??
I never thought about looking there!!

Holland & Holland Vintage Case Horn Turnscrew

I get notified on mail when someone put out anything like that. I have 10-20 things on watchlist most of the time on ebay.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
BRILLIANT!!... I am surprised that the search parameters are so wide they pick up that detail!!

I really like your Instagram show attached!! Well Done!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I have snagged some really cool vintage Africa stuff on eBay. The trick is doing as Anton did and set a search. When it hits, just buy it.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
BRILLIANT!!

470EDDY

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bingo, Im always on the lookout for old and interesting "stuff" at gun shows and on the internet..I love digging thru boxes of purchased gun stuff. Just a month ago I found a Receiver sight for a Mannlicher Schonauer, a $350 find for $50 bucks..Lots of old Redfield rings and bases, all great finds..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote