THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Need a source for .577 cast bullets.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a source for .577 cast bullets.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to find a souce for some .577 cast bullets. I have a .577BPE Adams double rifle that I am trying to get to regulate. So far I've used 560gr paper patched bullets but the best I can get is an 8" spread at 50 yds. I really don't want to go with much higher amounts of powder so I need a lighter bullet. Once I get it to regulate or at least close I'll buy a mold. I don't want to buy a mold now and find out that the bullet won't work. All help much appreciated. harrell68 @ acsalaska.net just remove the spaces. Thanks

Posts: 37 | Location: Sterling, AK | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might get in touch with M.Starling, he post on here a bit and does offer cast lead bullets. As to the size and style you want, he will tell you, but if not, may have a source on what you are after. Good Luck.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Casper50;

You have a PM.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CONTACT CAST BULLET MAKER

WILL HAFLER
ROULETTE, PA

TEL 814 544 9052 - CALL TILL MIDNIGHT

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
The Bull Shop
http://bullshop.gunloads.com/index.html
He doesn't have a list of available bullets, probably it would take too long to list them all.
Send him an email with what you're looking for and what diameter you need.
They are great people to deal with.

If I dig through my stuff, I think I have a couple of 577 moulds. One may be a hollow base, so it could be adjusted to make different lengths.

What diameter do you need? .586"?

You could always trim some down on a lathe to get a rough idea of what weight you'll need.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Good idea! FYI Bullshop is up at Delta Jnct. and is a very stand up guy!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lar45 Let me know what moulds you have and if you wish to sell. .585 or there abouts. I'll resize if I must. I'll phone Bullshop also. Thanks

Posts: 37 | Location: Sterling, AK | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lar45,

If you wish to borrow my .585" 1200 grain mould, please feel free to ask any time.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 Lyman and 1 Lee, but they are all .575" Frowner
I wonder what size the Lee 20 ga slug is?

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Do you have access to a lathe?
You could cast a bunch of the 1200gn bullets, then turn the bases off at different lengths to get an idea of what size you need.
www.mountainmolds.com does excellent work, but is usually backed up. You could always email to see what his lead time is and get on the waiting list now, then send what size bullet you need when he's ready to cut it?

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com