Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Siace
 Login/Join

posted
I saw a SIACE in my price range at kebco any info on them and what is an articulated trigger

Posts: 5 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 15 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomo:
I saw a SIACE in my price range at kebco any info on them and what is an articulated trigger

A articulated front trigger is that it is henged so it will move forward when you are fireing the back trigger so it doesn't bruse your trigger finger from the recoil!

I've only seen pictures of the Siace rifles, so cannot comment on their quality. They look good, but then so do some of the girls you see in cat houses, but you can't be sure of the product, without takeing a chance of getting something you may not want! The best way to evaluate the Siace is to go look at them first hand!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
MacD37,
that cat house comparison brought tears of laughter to my eyes,I am going to have to remember that one rotflmo
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by nomo:

A articulated front trigger is that it is henged so it will move forward when you are fireing the back trigger so it doesn't bruse your trigger finger from the recoil!

I've only seen pictures of the Siace rifles, so cannot comment on their quality. They look good, but then so do some of the girls you see in cat houses, but you can't be sure of the product, without takeing a chance of getting something you may not want! The best way to evaluate the Siace is to go look at them first hand!

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've handled a few Siaces, they seem a fair product for the $'s. Never shot one.

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have one in 45-70 that I bought new a year ago. I am totally pleased with the quality and balance. Mine is case hardened and engraved with exhibition grade wood. I handled Merkels and Chapuis models, but the Siace felt the best to me. I specifically wanted 45-70 caliber for my hunting purposes. I also like the light weight of the gun, 7lbs 5oz., for mountain hunting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So Ren3, a good, fair deal at the price I take it?

How does your rifle shoot? Must be good with your glowing report.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I paid $7k for the rifle. I was able to re-regulate it from the factory Federal 300gr load to a 350gr Hornady RN with 60 gr of Varget powder for 2,000fps. The factory target had a 1 inch group at 50 meters, and my handload gives me a 2 inch group at 50 meters. I did install a higher front sight.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I have handled, but not shot quite a few Siace shotguns and rifles, and have toured their shop in Gardone about a year ago. The guns are mostly hand made, and the quality of workmanship seems to be very good. To my eye, they are a better looking gun then the Merkel or Chapuis. The guns seem to balance well, but the telling is in the shooting. If I were looking for a new double rifle, I would seriously consider one.

Siace also assembles or was assembling double rifles for Pedersoli when I was in their shop, and they do a lot of repair work for their local trade.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3844 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I think that the 9,3x74R is the BEST calibre for a double rifle under the traditional Elephant cartridges, a good 45/70 double would be a very good, and fun hunting gun.

I have killed a few deer with a 45/70 Ruger No1.

I even have a Heym O/U in 30/30. Eeker

Doubles are just great rifles to hunt with.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote