New
Find
Notify
Tools

New sale item:
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Check out the for sale button on my web site. There are some that will enjoy the pictures at the bottom of the list. It's blue fiberglass, and even the traditionalist will like it.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I saw that last year under the tarp when I was visiting your shop.

I'd rather have the lefty 470 though. CRYBABY

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hey Butch,
What was your Web address again?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Hey Butch,
What was your Web address again?

http://www.searcyent.com

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Cheers thumb

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Corvette is nice but for that price I would rather have ten Searcy double rifles. Let's see one in 375 flanged, one in 450/400 3", one in, oh hell! decisions-decisions.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
Check out the for sale button on my web site. There are some that will enjoy the pictures at the bottom of the list. It's blue fiberglass, and even the traditionalist will like it.

Hey Butch, is she a side lock, or box lock? I can't tell with all that plastic wrapped around it!

jumping CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Nice. I had a royal blue 63 convertible with both tops, 340 HP. My Dad had a matching split window coupe. I think we paid about $2500 each for them, circa 1966.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Very nice... my dad and I used to restore mid year corvettes when I was growing up...

My senior year, I drove a 67 big block coupe everyday to high school...

We had a

64 300hp air coupe white/red
65 425hp 396 coupe
66 325hp air convertible
66 300hp air coupe
67 big block air coupe

That was some of the best bonding and learning my dad and I ever shared...

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Butch,
I LOVED what I saw when I was there!
If I hit the lottery soon, I would LOVE to have Her!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
If I'm going to pay $100,000.00 for a car, it will have a prancing horse on it. After the baby boomers are gone the price of these wheels are going to crash.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470FAN
posted Hide Post
WOW....great Vette, but I will have to settle for the 450-400. Wink

Posts: 155 | Location: Susanville, CA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Definitely a VERY nice vehicle and probably not an outrageous price depending on the type and quality of the restoration work. Still, I think any vehicle costing $100K+ should really have wings and floats therefore enabling me to land on a remote lake.
Big Grin

Best,

Posts: 13 | Location: N. of 60. | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya know Butch builds great guns, but no way would I spend over 100k on a 39 year old Chevy.

To each his own though...

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Butch,
How have you been? And.... fiberglass??? does it come in english walnut? Wink

Heard your business is brisk.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that the one that had a run in with Steve Irwin? Big Grin

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, I really didn't put this topic on this forum in order to sell the car, and by the way the rarity of my car puts it in a much higher price range than the average 67. In fact I'm in the process of buying a 66 427 car to restore now. Like fine rifles fine vintage cars are also to be seen and appreciated, and the guys on this forun are people that can and do appreciate the finer things in life.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry if you took my post in a manner that I didn't intend. I believe that the website shows clean and rare Vettes also in your price range and beyond.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, your right I took offense where none was given, I apologize.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You do not owe me an apology. I reread my post and I think in looking at it I would view it as you did.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote