THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sabatini 9.3 x 74R Double Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatini 9.3 x 74R Double Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend of mine is looking at buying the subject double rifle. Has anyone heard about this Italian double? Selling price is $3,000.

Advise on any input you may have.

Thanks,
rslus@hotmail.com

Posts: 251 | Location: pa | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you mean SABATTI ?

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bite,
Where do they have one IN STOCK for sale for $3k?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabellas claims to have them in the warehouse in 45-70 and 9.3X74R. I haven’t handled one of the smaller rifles and had limited time to look at the ones they had at DSC. I have some reservations as to the quality.
I am hoping they get one in so I can get a good look with out being rushed.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are these the well known Sabatini's or the Sabbati's?

I handled one of the Sabbati's at Cabela's, if that was the name, in 45-70. Very lightweight DR, handled like a 20 gauge SxS.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hear is a link to one of the 45-70 rifles.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas...categoryId=SEARCH_gl
I am not inpresed with the regulation. What are they doing shooting them "GANGSTER" stile with the barrels on their side?? The barells should be on the same plane not strung vertical. This is the second target I have seen like this.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
You don't think that maybe he pulled the shots after shootin quite a few during the day after day regulating?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe, they have one in 9.3x74R at the Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa. Looks nice to me....what do you want for 3 grand?

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
Snowwolfe, they have one in 9.3x74R at the Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa. Looks nice to me....what do you want for 3 grand?

Sounds great, but I already have a 9,3. Looking for a different caliber without a cheek piece for a right hand shooter.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking for a different caliber

Pretty much my problem too.

The target looks more than good enough for me. That is 50 meters. Open sited, what more do you want - Seriously?

I dont really need another 45/70 or want a 9.3 - too few choices and too much demand from buyers. I would like to see and handle a sabatti.

So much talk, but little actual owner experience, maybe later. Not too much later ... I fear the inevitable price doubling before any more choices available or I even see one in in one of the New England Cabelas.

Posts: 1226 | Location: New England  | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's a Sabatti. My friend bought the one in Hamburg PA.

Posts: 251 | Location: pa | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great! I would love to hear about his shooting impressions here on AR. With 300gr 45/70 ammo availability, hopefully he is shooter and some feedback will be coming our way.

Posts: 1226 | Location: New England  | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine bought one this weekend in 45/70. Shot about 20 rounds through it today. He loves the feel of the rifle and it shot good enough for him. He said the stock is a little long for him, wood is very good, recoil moderate for a small frame rifle. Back trigger is good, about 3 1/2 lbs with the front trigger double that!! Most of the issues appear to be fairly easy fix. He is basically estatic! He is very experienced with firearms and I trust his opinions.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote