THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Confessions of a Double Rifle Junkie!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Confessions of a Double Rifle Junkie!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
Just sent in my down payment on a Chapuis 9.3X74R. It will sport a pancake cheek piece, and detachable scope mounts, and made to my measurements!

I blame Tony, Mac, Bal and the rest of the DRSS guys with 9.3X74Rs. Eeker

It should be by February!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Dang, Rusty!

First you order a Searcy, now a Chapuis!

Is this your Christmas present? If so, ATTABOY!!!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! dont you also have a Searcy classic coming too?

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
now you REALLY NEED something smaller, how about a nice 318 or the like clap

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
For the present time the Searcy is on hold.
I couldn't pass up this deal!
If anyone would like information on my Chapuis order, please email me directly. rkmojo@aol.com

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I knew we had you hooked! Heh, heh.......... Now the price goes up!! dancing

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dependency? What Dependency? I don't have a problem. . . .I can stop anytime I want to stop. . . . . .

Hi, my name is Rusty. . . . . Eeker

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
All I have to say is "Congratulations!"

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Atta boy Rusty!

Hooked? I thought the DRSS "12 Step Program" meant owning 12 double rifles....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, that's the conversion from double rifles to 12 bore double shotguns ...

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Rusty: That's fabulous. Did you get it from the boys in Idaho? I'm so envious.
Bill

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yes, Bill. I did!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dang! I'm almost tempted to drive over and look at the Chapuis in the flesh. But then once I put it up to my shoulder I'd be a goner and my hunting budget would be a shambles ...
SIGH!

– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Rusty: congrats! I wish you many more doubles in the future!

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Congrats. I love my UGEX. It handles like a dream, is exceptionally accurate and just flat looks good. Too bad you could not make the last shoot at Keith's, since we killed some jugs with it. I know you will enjoy it.

Mike

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
glad to hear you got a good deal!
I got some blame to spread around m'self,namely the 470 guys,just sent four of my old favorites up to get traded on a Merkel 470,the cross drawers got me in trouble as well,a S&W mountain gun in 44mag & a 475 Linebaugh Freedom Arms,I don't know what I will be doing at the show in january with my empty pockets Confused

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
congrats on your purchase!!!!!!...i'm nearly ready to order 1....and i'd like to start with the 9.3...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Bal:

Awesome news, buddy!

Can't wait for you to shoot the .577 this January!

577NitroExpress
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
577NitroExpress
I was watching the SCI channel just a few minutes ago,there was a elephant hunt,a big bull,one shot kill!Holland & Holland 577 Nitro Express!
I am A BELIEVER now!

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Rusty, did you only order one? If you ordered two I can make room in my safe for the other one. You know I will do what I can to help out a friend. lol

Mike J, you have got me planning on selling some stuff off, unless Rusty needs help storing a double here. The last shoot with your 9.3x74R was a blast. Got two very mean jugs shot before the first one quit sraying water. Loved it. clap

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Keith,
I did order two! However yours is going to cost a bit more than mine! Best I could do! Eeker animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
WAY TO GO RUSTY!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty

I was curious and went to the Evo site and didn't find much info there. What're their prices like, comparable to Butch's? So, this guy gets Chapuis actions and gets to build rifles off them?

Cool Cool Confused

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
475: When I first contacted Evo by e-mail, they quoted me $5,100 on a Chapuis UGEX in 9.3, and a Searcey-level price on a .450/400 --can't recall the exact figure but over $10K. Rusty, did you ask them about the .450/400?

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Since I alread have a 450/400 3 inch, I did not ask.
Nice folks up there. I spoke with Edd.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Who and where are these guys?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
here is a link.
Evolution Rifles

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
I think once you get your first one it's all over......I know I think I need about one or two more cheers

Fred Hanshaw

DRSS Member

Posts: 905 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
475guy brought up a question which I had heard about Evo but I don't know is true or not. They say they build custom rifles, but my reading of the info on their web site is that they order the doubles to spec from Chapuis. Can any of you guys who have discussed this with them confirm which is true? Their website says they guarantee all their rifles "whether built inhouse or by Chapuis" and they also state that the doubles are "built in the Chapuis custom shop". I know that the specs they call for on the UGEX are exactly the same as a custom order UGEX from Chapuis (choice of finish and engraving, custom dimensions and 3-star wood on the ejector model). Does anyone know if they actually do any work on the rifles?

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
They get the rifles from Chapuis, they add they Talley Scope mounts.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty
You will be very happy with your scoped 9,3 Chapuis.
It and a 400 double are a perfect combination for most African hunting.

Mine has done perfect on 3 Safaris as well as on game in the States.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote