THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Poll of Sabatti DR vs DR Owners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll of Sabatti DR vs DR Owners
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know Sabatti DR's generate passionate discussions at times here but I would be curious to know how many folks here own a Sabatti versus the "other" brands.

Question:
Which of the following do you own? If you own multiple I would appreciate multiple votes.

Eric

Choices:
Sabatti - .500
Sabatti - .470
Sabatti - .450 or .45-70
Sabatti - 450/400
Sabatti - 9.3
Chapuis, Heym, Merkel, Searcy, VC, etc.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You can't lump 450 NE with 45-70 guns; completely different animals.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which of the following do you own? If you own multiple I would appreciate multiple votes.

The system allows you to only vote once

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chapuis, Heym, Merkel, Searcy, VC, etc.

Why not just list the above as individual names ?

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kebco,

I'm new at polls but think you can open the thread and vote again.

505G,

My intent is to get an idea of what type of inroads Sabatti's are making into the DR market. They are still looked at as a red headed stepchild so I was curious to learn how the DR community as a whole has embraced them. I would love a Merkel or Heym but the extra several $1000 puts them out of my range. Is the Sabatti expanding those who own DR's or are they just adding another gun to the mix?

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Nope! You get one vote per account.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Todd. I should've figured on that.

Sabatti will allow me to enter the DR fraternity. At this point in time the extra $3000-5000 for a "name brand" DR may as well be $20,000. I'm hoping that they take off over time the way Merkel has over time as mentioned on another thread.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is the Sabatti expanding those who own DR's or are they just adding another gun to the mix?

I would say a bit of both and certainly expanding those who own DR's.

I have changed my view of them now that all has been sorted.

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
I have two Chapuis doubles, a Krieghoff, and a Blaser but the poll will only let me vote once.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess most of you know how I answered in the poll; and yes the poll is quite flawed.

So I called Cabelas earlier today to try to purchase a .470NE with extractors and here's what I asked: "What's the best price I can get on this gun, and has the muzzles been dremeled?"

After about 12 minutes, the salesperson came back and said that the gun was a new one and could not be discounted. I asked again about the dremeled muzzles and he said they had been dremeled, and not very well.

I then thanked him and said I was not interested.

I then called a Texas store regarding a .450NE that looked good on the internet. It was an ejector gun. Again, they won't negotiate at all on the price. When I asked about the dremeled muzzles, they had no clue and told me to call back in 2 days when the library mananger would be there.

???????????????

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That goes against everything that Sabatti and Cabelas have said.

"After about 12 minutes, the salesperson came back and said that the gun was a new one and could not be discounted. I asked again about the dremeled muzzles and he said they had been dremeled, and not very well."

So we will wait and see.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I can't vote until you fix the poll. As for Cabelas, the only one I have found that knows anything is the Dundee one. Preferably talk to the Managers; the floor people are just that.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have built another poll that will allow you to vote for multiple brands and multiple guns. See if this serves the purpose better.

Eric

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
What I would like to see is a poll of people who have bought Sabattis and have returned them for a refund, or sold them to get rid of them because they were not regulated properly!
....................................................................... Whistling

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can do that

Eric

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE