New
Find
Notify
Tools

450/400 for 500 NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking of trading my Heym 450/400 for a Heym 500. The 450/400 just doesn't kick hard enough for me.I like to feel death at both ends.Even trade. Course I'll take it in the ass a little but I'm used to that on gun trades. Think I'm crossin' over?

Posts: 307 | Location: Dye Mound , Texas | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Dark Side (aka the .500+ club)

You will like the trade.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Come on in, the water is fine. Glad to see you are getting a real double. Cool

Mike

Posts: 21362 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your input. I think I'll do it. I wintered in Pardise camp west of Darby on the Selway in 92 loved it.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dye Mound , Texas | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm going over in August fo 30 days to hunt horseback. Taking my daughter as a witness. Time is dragin'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 450/400 just doesn't kick hard enough for me.I like to feel death at both ends.Even trade.

No need to trade! Simply hold your 450/400 about 3" in front of and centered on your sternum before pullig a trigger. It should kick plenty! If you still want more, try 3" in front of the bridge of your nose. Wink

That was easy! jumping

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 812 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omnivorous_Bob:
That was easy! jumping

Damn! You've got a point there Bob.. Will it work with the 4 bore as well? Wink

577/500 Magnum Alex Henry ,500 BPE John Lyell, 45-70 ASTAR,9.3X74R Pedersoli,9.3x74R Chapuis, 9.3X72R, J Franzoj, 9.3X72R guild gun

Posts: 10 | Location: Anchorage | Registered: 29 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Come on down to the Hoot and Shoot April 24th. I think Mike will be glad to let you shoot his "500 NE Beast".

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is hoot and shoot going to be held.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never mind I found it

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 500 NE is a demanding mistress. I found it is not something you are able to lay off of for 6 months and then put a few rounds through it before you leave across the water. You must practice with it regularly to retain your proficiency.

Proper stock fit becomes more important with the heavier recoiling rifle. Poor stock fit that could be overlooked with the 450/400 will result in you getting pounded badly with the 500 and will slow down your second shot a lot.

Test drive a 500NE if you can before you close any deals. All this being said, the 500NE folds
ele like the hammer of Thor.

Jes' my $0.02 from the peanut gallery. Cool

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I thought that was the Hammer of Home Depot, was it not?

Look for Wombat's cow ele. Down and just about out! Stunning. Yeah, that's the word.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19330 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Come on in, the water is fine. Glad to see you are getting a real double. Cool

+1 Im with MJines.....drop that starter kit like a hot rock and get yourself a Real Double!!

Not only does the 500 put a serious dent in an ellies day......S Tex Meskins dont stand a chance either............plus it just feels more deadly in your hands!
rotflmo

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the starter kit reference. Your right. I talked to the big boss at AHR and he is going to build me a rigby 416 on his DG platform. I'm pumped . I'll trade the starter for the 500 to. Am I nuts. Hell no just dropped 5000 for fertlizer this afternoon and all it will make is cow shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catosilvaje:
I am thinking of trading my Heym 450/400 for a Heym 500.

Now you're talk'en. I got rid of my 500/416 in a Heym for the 500N.E. and never looked back. You can shoot plink'n loads in the 500 that match the balistics of the 450/400.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NEW GUY (Chris) has a new Heym 500 NE for $17K on his website. Maybe a trade-in?

Posts: 20124 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll check it out