THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New small frame V-C 375 Flanged
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New small frame V-C 375 Flanged
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really nice and always wanted a .375 flanged. I hate to ask as it may get me in trouble, but can you do colour case instead of bright?

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at Bill73

Has nothing to do with humor, fake is fake and a manufacturer who makes that just disclassify himself.

It very looks that the French need every possible client, even if they come with bullshit ideas.

In case of AVC I would have said ok we make it, but we will not put our name onto it. I do not think that AVC is really amumzed about that gun. And in the forum here not even anybody else said anything about that or they have just not seen it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The gun has been at Dallas and SCI the last two years, it was finished in case color.

bunoushcu, I have tried to give you some extra slack because it is oblivious that English is not your first language, but I have grown tired. Lets see now......

Left click on posters name, scroll down to
Add to my Ignore List
Left click again

Much better.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bunoushcu:
at 505G

The AVC above is the true fake sidelock. It is not only as done many times, just a long side plate, there are pins added that it looks like an old sidelock. The pins have no fuction, they even interrubbed the sideplate (engraving).

Probably they even make a moveable axis in so that cocking indicator works.

AVC will probably soon engrave Holland + Holland on their guns if the clients want? What say AVC about that??? That is not real or is it?

Do you have any progeny that lived? If you do, make them swim at the deeper end of the gene pool. The water there is more oxygenated which is something that obviously you failed to do...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like some guys realized that they paid too much for builing a fake sidelock at a second class manufacturer (a first classe one would not do such a fake).

For me it is clear the o2 retuned in their brains after I told them, that this is a fake and will be one for ever. It even discredits the manufacturer to the last row, because they made it. killpc Only thinking about such an order is bullshit.

I better not imagine their GF's after above posts. Monster boobs straight out of the lab. Big Grin

Remove the fake side plate and put a new stock on. And get the GF to the doctor. The gun is easyier to fix then the GF.

There is much more then cosmetics, cosmetic come at the very end and not first. How can someone have just no feeling for style and wants only shinee cosmetics. Blow a lot of cash in the wind for such a fake. The guy has for sure a Rolex replica because of the same false understanding.

Even long side plates are a no go, a boxlock should not have sideplates at all. When you want large engravings go for a pinnless Sidelock.

I not immagine what for a DR he would got only for the GF's boobs improvment. lol

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
That is YOUR opinion regarding sidelock plates as well as pins. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, but yours wreaks particularly foul.

Apparently the fact they build guns to what the CUSTOMER WANTS YOU IDIOT escapes you, and if they want the pins they GET THEM. Normal thinking folks call that a choice.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bunoushcu

As I said in my original reply to you and as jorge said above, he calls it choice,
I called it bespoke.

Hey, I don't like quite a few things posted on here or made by gunmakers, it doesn't mean anything except my personal beliefs.

Now I see that I am not the only one to correct you which is good because it shows I am not that far off.

In about the late 70's, 80's, Purdey made a gun,
black with copious amounts of Gold. The US owner wanted Purdey to say it was "the best" they had ever made. They didn't want to do it but they gave him a letter.

Now, it was everything Purdey didn't stand for,
it wasn't understated elegance, it was loud,
in your face, stick it up you, I'm richer than you type of look.

But the fact is, it was a BESPOKE gun to the customers specifications, which is what gunmakers do.

Your fake Rolex analogy is off because the fake Rolex was not made by Rolex. Same with AYA making a direct copy of the H&H sidelock
with Hand detachable locks, it still isn't a Holland.

So why don't you get off your high horse, especially since you don't own or have to own the gun and stop being so damn rude.

Saying you don't like something is one thing,
and yes, if I didn't like the look of a V-C I would say and I am sure Ken wouldn't mind but you are just Over the top and way beyond that.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
A 450/400 on that new frame would be the cat's meow.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
I comprehend the desire for additional metal for
an engraver to have at his avail. I understand
that a true sidelock requires more wood to be re-
moved so there is additional "weakening" of the
stock. This might be why some prefer a "Best" box
lock action. Now adding the pins into the sideplates
is "curious" to me. I understand the company wants
to provide the buyer with the rifle he wants, but
I'm sure there are some things the maker simply
would refuse to do. (engraving vulgar images for
example) I don't think the maker is wrong to add
the pins in the plates; I'd LOVE to hear what the
buyer's motive is to have them! As I said before,
I find them to be a "curious" feature.

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt he will post on here with the troll
above posting like he is.

Send him a PM, I'm sure he'll reply as
he did to mine.

Re Vulgar, well some interesting engravings
have been done on guns before !!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deep relief engraving does not increase functionality but it is done.
Family protrait engraving does not enhance functionality but it is done.
Gold inlay does not increase functionality but it is done.
Jewel encrusted actions do not encrease functionality but it is done.
Cup holders in a ferrari do not increase functionality but it is done.

Why? because the customer requests it.

VC is a maker willing to make a new bespoke gun that is affordable to a whole lot of people. Would you rather they weren't there and the majority had to dream about guns they could never afford to own?

If you don't agree with what somebody has ordered on their gun, at least try to be a stand up guy and have some respect when you offer your opinion rather than drag the discussion into the gutter. If not for yourself then for the rest of us who have to read this.

Rhodes

Posts: 193 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, you not got what I mean.

There is nothing worng with great engravings or what ever extras you can put on a rifle. To use the last cent for engravings and want a cheap design is bullshit. Better go for the lock and not put any engraving on.

The first gun shown here is fine, but the one with the long sideplate and useless pins is the only which is not accseptable.

It is a boxlock that shell look alike it is a sidelock, and that is a big no go. Not even a spanish maker would do it. Probably you can get long side plate (which are also not100% correct, for example Merkel had very long the model 50 in the range that is gone because it only damage the reprutation of the maker, because pinnless sidelocks came on the market), here we told about a rifle that shows it is a sidelock but it is only a show element. With such guns they want scam the new comer who not look inside or not understand the differnt locks.

I will never buy anything from them, at the game fair in Chambord AVC had some nice guns showed, but no fake sidelocks. I think the fair would have closed their exhibition tent when they would have shown up with something like above.

In case of AVC I would buy some lock parts and put the sidelock on and remove the boxlock. Just to no appear in the news with that crap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
buno

In your opinion only.

And god you talk some rubbish.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to put things into perspective I was in NYC this past week and stopped into the H&H store to put my greasy finger pints on their shotguns and rifles. They had a lovely .375f on a round body action for only 99K.

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, but yours wreaks particularly foul.

Apparently the fact they build guns to what the CUSTOMER WANTS YOU IDIOT escapes you, and if they want the pins they GET THEM. Normal thinking folks call that a choice.

+1
I'm sure he wants to boast that he only uses "proper" side lock rifles.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bunoushcu:
Looks like some guys realized that they paid too much for builing a fake sidelock at a second class manufacturer (a first classe one would not do such a fake).

For me it is clear the o2 retuned in their brains after I told them, that this is a fake and will be one for ever. It even discredits the manufacturer to the last row, because they made it. killpc Only thinking about such an order is bullshit.

I better not imagine their GF's after above posts. Monster boobs straight out of the lab. Big Grin

Remove the fake side plate and put a new stock on. And get the GF to the doctor. The gun is easyier to fix then the GF.

There is much more then cosmetics, cosmetic come at the very end and not first. How can someone have just no feeling for style and wants only shinee cosmetics. Blow a lot of cash in the wind for such a fake. The guy has for sure a Rolex replica because of the same false understanding.

Even long side plates are a no go, a boxlock should not have sideplates at all. When you want large engravings go for a pinnless Sidelock.

I not immagine what for a DR he would got only for the GF's boobs improvment. lol

bunoushcu:

I have a Chapuis "Jungle" .375 fl. It's a plain old box lock but it has lovely, engraved sideplates but no pins. However, the way I see it, pins are like engraving. If a fellow wants pins in the sideplates to give the gun the "look" of a sidelock gun, I have no problem with that. You see it as a "fake", I just see it as a matter of aesthetics. It's no reflection of the buyer or the maker (or any gal's boobs). It's just a matter of taste. Trust me, VC makes some very fine doubles and they are the nearest thing to a "bespoke" gun that we mere mortals can afford.

Good luck and good hunting.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Talk about much ado about nothing . . . wow.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike

I disagree.

if he had just come out and said he didn't like it, I doubt anyone including the owner would have
minded.

But the way he put it, the words he use,
was just wrong and OTT and deserved a response.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr:
Just to put things into perspective I was in NYC this past week and stopped into the H&H store to put my greasy finger pints on their shotguns and rifles. They had a lovely .375f on a round body action for only 99K.[/url]
That's definitely comparing apples to avocados. I have an H&H Paradox gun on that back-action sidelock and I owned a top-end custom V-C with engraved sideplates. Though the V-C is well worth what you pay for it, it is still a basic boxlock and the workmanship, as nice as it is, does not quite equal the Holland & Holland guns. They are two completely different products. Perhaps the biggest reason the V-C is so affordable is because it is NOT a sidelock.

I like them both, V-C and H&H, and I consider them priced as they are because of what they are.

Comparing Apples and Avocados

I agree that if someone likes the classic sidelock look, including pins, then nicely engraved sideplates is a reasonable option. I see nothing wrong with aesthetic sideplates. And, I have never seen a V-C sideplate gun offered or represented as a true sidelock gun.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505G:
Mike

I disagree.

if he had just come out and said he didn't like it, I doubt anyone including the owner would have
minded.

But the way he put it, the words he use,
was just wrong and OTT and deserved a response.

I was referring to bunoushcu, or whatever or whoever that is.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote