New
Find
Notify
Tools

470NE Ammo Boxes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What plastic ammo boxes do you use/recommend for the 470NE and where do you get them?

Thanks

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Midway's "Magnum Ammo Box" by Frankford Arsenal works for 20 rounds of 470.

And they are only about 1.40/ea in a box of 10.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
MTM makes some good 20 rounders with a clipped top

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bradhe:
MTM makes some good 20 rounders with a clipped top

My experience the clip fastener sucks. It's fine until it breaks, them what? I find them very short life. Other than that they are great.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the slip top boxes but hate when they don't stay closed. I had a old motor cycle tube so I cut it up to make "rubber bands" that work well to keep the boxes closed.

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Huntingtons, they sell the J&J slip on style that holds 20. They are quite stong and the one you need is the XL-20 model. Very few of the slip-on styles will allow you to put the rim down-bullet up this box will, which is a plus IMO when I have solids and softs in the same box.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MTM also make a hinged box that holds either 5 or 10 rounds and is a bit more useful for travel as they have a fairly rigid fastener, the slip top boxes may hold more rounds but do have a nasty habit of loosing the lid at the least convenient moment and dumping the rounds

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
MTM Case-Gard H-50.

Holds 50 rounds. I put a piece of foam on the top. No rattle, no problems.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote