New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loads for the 450-400N.E.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody have any load data using IMR 4350 and 400grain soft bullets. I've got some loads with R-15 and H4350 want to load up some with the IMR powder because I have lots of it.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hornady manual shows 62.2 to 70.9 grains (2,050 fps).

You guys that spend these big bucks on rifles really need to pop the $30 for the new Hornady bookSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Hornady manual shows 62.2 to 70.9 grains (2,050 fps).

You guys that spend these big bucks on rifles really need to pop the $30 for the new Hornady bookSmiler

Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19314 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
What did you do Dirk, go out and buy a bunch of new rifles?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19314 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
What did you do Dirk, go out and buy a bunch of new rifles?

Yea Will, I bought a VC in the anemic 450-400 calibre to hunt ele, I want to go out in style. Is it strawberry fields or strawberry jam forever? Smiler

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Snowwolfe, your a seer, I'm going to Cabella's today to pick one up.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dirklawyer:
quote:

Snowwolfe, your a seer, I'm going to Cabella's today to pick one up.

Hey Dirk while you are at Cabela's check and see if you can find a pair of "PINK" bynocs. so I can replace the ones you bought for me in Brady with your prefered color. Big Grin

By the way to those who may not know Dirk, or understand this inside joke.
Down at 4K ranch on the DRSS get-together / boar hunt, I made the comment that of everything I brought down, I had forgotten to bring a pair of bynocs of which I have seven pairs. Dirk and his budy went into Brady and while there bought a pair of little Tasco Bynocs and when they handed them to me, stated they tried to finda pair of "PINK" ones, but had to settle for black. Then wouldn't even let me pay for them. NOW folks that is a true gentleman!

Thanks again Dirk, Those little glasses were the reason I spotted and shot the largest boar taken this year at 4K.

My little grand daughter has been having a ball playing with those little bynocs!

Thanks again friend! See you next year!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
That Dirk guy?
What can one say about him? SmilerA true gentleman and a great guy,thanks for the neck job buddy,it really helped,look forward to sharing camp with you again beer

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote