New
Find
Notify
Tools

8 bore?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My gunsmith had one of the cartridges, and I thought it is the coolest load I have ever seen -- is it at all possible to find a gun in it? Brass? What are they like, etc. etc. etc.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Champlin Arms has a couple. I imagine there are others around.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

The one on the left is an Tolley and shoots an 11 Dram load of BP and 1250 Grain Bullet at 1500 fps.

The Right one is a Manton and shoots a 950 grain bullet in front of 8 drams of BP

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info -- what are they like on recoil? I imagine a REALLY big push. Looks like I finally found something to save my gun pennies for.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Thanks for the info -- what are they like on recoil? I imagine a REALLY big push. Looks like I finally found something to save my gun pennies for.

It's a bit more than that. More like a very big fist smacking you very hard in the shoulder.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote