Find
Notify
Tools

PIG WACKER
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I finally got to shoot somthing with my 45-70
double. Got the gun from Jason Simpkins.
Used factory winchester 405 grain shells.
I didn't know that there were places in southern Ohio that have european boar. Had a lot of fun. Would recomend these guys and if any
DRSS members in or around Ohio wanted to get together I would go again.

A few practise shots 50 yrds 3 different shooters

360# on scales

Premier hunting
Greg Morgan
513 588-0835
or pm me anytime

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Nice hog RM007! Fun ain't it!

........ Congratulations! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RM007

Nice Pig. thumb

Tell us more about the shot, where was he hit, how far did he go.

Also give us some more info about your 45/70 double.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
If that was at a private preserve in Southern Ohio that was there in the early 70's I have hunted there with a bow. My son and I won hunts there for wild boar in an archery tournament. They had boar and some wild sheep at that time. My son got a shot at one but missed. I got a turkey which was not part of the hunt and had to pay for it. Only game I ever killed with a bow except ground hogs. If I remember there were about 10 of us on the hunt and what happened was they put the hunters on stands in a large area (how many acres I don't remember) and released 5 boars into the area. There were three sheep that had been in the area for months they had not been able to kill. One of Our party got a very large boar and one got run up a tree and the pig kept him up it for over an hour. These were REALLY big boars and definitely NOT tame. Nice place to bow hunt. Somewhere south of Lancaster I believe but that was over 30 years ago so really vague,was only there the one time.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good shooting,nice pig clap
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great shooting with jasons rifle.

what did the boar hunt cost -

i'm near erie pa and could possibly join you sometime.

tom ondrus 814 859 0008

** NEW PHONE NUMBER POSTED 1/1/08

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NE 450

First shot at 50 yrds, heavy cover, hog stepped between two trees. Left barrel through shoulder, right barrel raking shot as hog ran into cover. I ran about 30 yrds to my left and could see hog between a few trees, very sick. Third shot base of neck and shoulder. Most amazing thing I have ever seen, hog fliped on it's back, feet straight up in the air quivering.
Time from first shot to third about 20 seconds. First shot was fatal took artries off top of the heart and hit both lungs. Hog just did not know it was dead. Raking shot took out liver.
great guys to hunt with. Located 50 miles east of Cincinnati south of Bainbridge. Butcher shop 2 miles from hunting area. Hunt, butcher, skinning and caping about $650

IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l149/rm007/Uploaded%20Pictures%208-13-07/IMG_0011.jpg[/IMG]

Greg Morgan, his son, and partner Tim Turner

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

DRSS
NRA Life Member

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RM007

Well Done. thumb Big Grin

Tell us more about the rifle.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a better photo of my double

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

DRSS
NRA Life Member

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Great hog, and very nice double!! Congratulations!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Looks like lots of fun. Packy