Notify
Tools

Hot deal on 450-400 bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted
I just thought I would pass on this link: Bullets

I think they may have the pricing mixed-up.... 100 bullets for $18?
Eeker

Jason

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I ordered a box last week and was surprised when I opened the package. They are "normal" lead core softs. They strongly resembled the .410 400gr Interbonds except the cannelure was closer to the nose of the bullet.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just orders 3 boxes. Will have to resize for my .408, but I can do that!

Thanks for the tip.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
You are welcome Rusty. I am glad to see someone get a good deal. These sort of thing always pop up for cartridges that I don't reload for. bewildered

Anyway, I can't remember buying any bullet at $9 per 50.

I noticed that a bunch of the blemished bullets look to be Hornaday offerings, FWIW.......

Jason

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rats! Gone now

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up.

I was able to get a couple of boxes and at that price will figure how to resize to .408 later.

Rusty, Any advice?

Emory

Posts: 403 | Location: Houston | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Scheisse!

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Emory,
Want to borrow my Corbin resizing die?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I opened my package of the 450-400 solids today. They really are blems, but at this price, why not. I think these are Hornday Dangerous Game solids. The tip of the bullets are open and you can see the lead core. I guess their forming equipment didn't close the steel core over the tips. I bet they will still work on a Texas pig or whitetail. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Ordered a die from Corbin yesterday. That was something I had been considering and this prompted the action.

Dave has a long backlog, but will see if he has something similar on the waiting list and may be able to get to mine in conjunction to cut down the wait. If I get impatient, may contact you to borrow your's.

Thanks,
Emory

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I got my order late today. They appear to be flat noise soft points with a length half way between between Woodleigh round nose softs and solids (~ 1.38"). They mic right at 410. Cannelures are same distance from the base as the Woodleigh solid. Lead tip about 3/16" diameter closed with what appears to be 6 petals. I filed through a jacket at the base and it was all copper. Had they been gilded steel, I would probably be offering them for sale. Bottom line - they look perfect for sizing down for 408 practice rounds.

Emory

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Christmas came early, today! Found 3 boxes of the Hornady .410 400 grain bullets. Looks like just a protected point. They do go through my Corbin .410-.408 resizing die.

I think I am set for life on my double!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Put a magnet to my batch and they are the steel core. Although the packing says DGS(dangerous game solid) I think they are blem DGX (dangerous game expanding). These are also make with the same steel core as the solids. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bob,
I just did the magnet test, same thing. All of them have a steel jacket underneath.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
So do you think they will damage your bore?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
No they will not. They have a lead core. Just like the steel jacketed Kynochs of old, they have a lead core.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Very good. Thanks Rusty

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went