THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Greener pair - Got these photos from a friend today......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greener pair - Got these photos from a friend today......
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
A friend who has a William Evans 450NE sent me these photos today of a recent acquisition of his. He got it off the widow of a friend who had it for over 30 years - yes here in New Zealand.

This is a compose pair of WW Greener double rifles - one is 375 2.5" and the other is a 450/400 3.25". The 450/400 has a strange bolstered reinforcement in the wrist which is blended with the checkering. I am not sure if it is original or a repair. My friend who is almost retired but still loves old double rifles, says that they are in good conditions and shoot well. He is having them serviced & re-blackened.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I've seen those bolsters before, and learned that they were the genuine article.

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Beautiful. MY greener has the same bolster.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Breathtaking! Thanks for sharing the photos.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is some SWEET iron there my friend....beatiful rifles.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote