THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Holland and Holland up for sale, interest in the US?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holland and Holland up for sale, interest in the US?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am regretfully selling my .500/465 Royal, which several years ago I posted here.

The rifle is beautiful, shoots wonderfully, complete, has some research papers on the personal history of the original owner from 1913, a letter from H&H London estimating it's value, dies, unfired Bertram brass, Woodleigh bullets, Kynock original ammo, including some sealed in zinc boxes as was practise for travelling on ships at the time.

If there is any interest in the US, please get in
touch with me by PM.

(edit, I'm sorry but I was mistaken, I posted on the nitroexpress.com forum but now the photos are no longer visible.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not keep it in Europe ?

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1138 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Talk about mistakes, back in the days when you couldn't give those old double rifles away, and they were all wall hangers and nobody made ammo. I let a H&H Deluxe in .470 get away from me. It was well worn blue wise but the action was tight and the bores were past excellent,The wood was solid but worn checkering, even came with 6 loaded green Kynoch rounds, all for $2500. Today that gun would fetch at least $40,000, maybe much more. I let a fantastic 500 Black powder H&H 500 pass, it was as new for $500, Boise Gun shop had it at the Twin Falls gun show......They were just wall hangers up into the 60s and even the early 70s as I recall and the African thing was just getting a big shot of Testosterone about 1975 and really got big time, and we all made big money.

Judging by SCI attendance and booking agent sales, travel agent sales, airline sales and conversations with the African PHs its tapered off greatly over the last 5 years, with the economy and world problems, add to that rising safari pricing, particularly in Tanzania, I wonder if all this is going to effect the price of the old doubles again, one would think so,..Makes me wonder.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote