THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Opinions on Nick Makinson .470 on Browning action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on Nick Makinson .470 on Browning action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Came across one of these for sale. Not really familiar with this builder or action. Any opinions?

Posts: 82 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 06 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Nick knows how to put together a double, I would not be afraid of it if he did the work.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The rifle I believe you are asking about is one that Ralf has. I would call Ralf and ask him about it. There are few people in North America that would be more capable of giving you an honest assessment than Ralf. Price is certainly appealing.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had him do work for me and was always very pleased with the results. While this was on SXS shotgun's I understand he has considerable experience on double rifles and would expect similar results here. Good luck...

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 343 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I built one with Rick Stickley some years ago for a client and he used it for years and his sons own it now I suppose..It was a good gun on a Browning 12 ga. action that was hardened..Rick did the metal and I did the wood, but learned a lot about the metal work from him, interesting project.

I would not opt for a double built on a shotgun action as resale value is zilch if for no other reason..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote