THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Remington Doubles on Gun Broker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Doubles on Gun Broker
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There are three remington doubles in 3006 on GB.
I know everyone has been waiting for the 4570, but what about the 06? Has anyone tried one out? What did you think? Is $1000 a good price?

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 478 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
There's a 45-70 supposedly a Remmy.. BUT it looks like the EAA 12 ga with the 45-70 liners..

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wait a while. $1000 is about $250 over retail (for 30-06)according to the Remington online catalog.
They should become more available here shortly and I'm sure one of the big dealers will then sell you one for under $700.00.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Well talked to the Remington rep. and he tells me that the 45-70 has passed the testing / certification.
Should be filtering into the US, but he said it may take a year or more before they are in stores. I would imagine if the 30-06 passed testing the 45-70 would be a no brainer at half the pressure. I wonder what the are going to claim as max chamber pressure when and if they ever arrive.
I am going to get an SPR220 and insert the EAA tubes and play until they arrive.
Cheers!

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote