THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Considering buying my first double
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Considering buying my first double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never liked O/U doubles...Thats why I shoot them gangsterstyle..

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=101334114 Holland and Holland for Chapuis money.

Wow just wow.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Seems a competitive price, though the Dominion was their fighting brand, made for undiscerning colonials, and the calibre is a bit ho-hum.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Here's where you can start for a Pedersoli in 45/70 or 9,3

https://www.davide-pedersoli.c...-kodiak-mark-iv.html

I have a Pedersoli double rifle that started out chambered for 45-70 and was re-chambered for 458 RCBS. It totally destroyed the regulation.

The original chambering would place two shots side by side on the target at 100 yds, and the 458 RCBS wouldn't stay on a full size target at 100 yds.

I am thinking about having the barrels cut off and mono-blocked and fitted with a pair of thinner 24 in barrels chambered for 450-400 3 in and scoped with an illuminated reticle center, along with irons. That would make this rifle one of my favorites, in both exposed hammer, and chambering and make the rifle far better balanced.

……………………………….Mac old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote