THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    COMMANDMENTS OF DANGEROUS GAME RIFLES
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COMMANDMENTS OF DANGEROUS GAME RIFLES
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thought this might be a bit of fun. There was something similar on the African Hunting Forum awhile back. Enjoy.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I was in the spirit and saw tablets of coin finished steel in the Selous.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

THE COMMANDMENTS OF DANGEROUS GAME RIFLES

I. Thou shalt safari only with the Sacred Double Rifle (SDR) or the Sublime Single Loader (SSL).

II. Thou shalt use a caliber of .375 or larger.

III. Thou shalt not allow an automatic safety to desecrate thy Sacred Double Rifle.

IV. Thou shalt practice diligently and often with thine rifles, both offhand and from sticks.

V. Thou shalt not do as the Bolt Rifle Heathen (BRH) do, but proclaim unto them the gospel of truth.

VI. Thou shalt make thine own shooting sticks as thou art led by divine instruction.

VII. Take pity upon those who use factory ammunition and instruct them in the art of handloading.

VIII. Thou shalt never use an over-under rifle. This is abomination.

IX. Thou shalt not allow thy Sacred Double Rifle to be chambered for any rimless cartridge.

X. Thou shalt study the anatomy and habits of the game that thou huntest to insure righteous shot placement.

Sacred Truths

Thou shalt never attempt to press trigger unless certain to kill or cripple. Thus saith the Prophet Pondoro.

Converting BRH to the true and honorable way of the SDR & SSL shall cover a multitude of your sins and save that poor soul from eternal damnation.

Thou shouldest strive to apply the Commandments to non-dangerous game hunting to avoid even the very appearance of evil. Thus may we win the BRH to the true and virtuous way.

Be grateful that thou hast seen the light and fervently evangelize the BRH into the paths of righteousness.

Be ye not divided into sects of hammer versus hammerless or ejector versus non-ejector, for all of these are righteous.

Use a double rifle. It just feels better.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 190 | Location: Somewhere, I think. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
amen and amen.....let it be so.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't that from a granite tablet next to the bed of NE 450 No 2 ?????

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Yes it is,it sits right next to the old and rare bottle of scotch beer
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Isn't that from a granite tablet next to the bed of NE 450 No 2 ?????

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a pilgrim made a journey and chiseled the wording into granite in order to proclaim these truths to the pagans in their area. Such devoted pilgrims shall find peace, comfort and ever favorable breezes.

Posts: 190 | Location: Somewhere, I think. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
So let it be written. So let it be spoken.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
So let it be written. So let it be spoken.

And so let it be done.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
...and may God bless the reading and the hearing of his word! Amen brothers!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AMEN.

A SSL USER.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I think I am a born again DR user,just recieved finally my new 450-400 heym,here's a DR halleleujah dancing

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the name of the Leonard, Jeffrey and Holland, amen. Now turn in your hymnals to page 374, Heavenly Sidelock!

Dutch, the forgiven (I hope)

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
This can't be true! There was no mention of aMarlin guide gun chambered for 45-70!

..................... diggin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This can't be true! There was no mention of aMarlin guide gun chambered for 45-70!

BLASPHEMER!!!! Stone him at once! Wink

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 815 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Maybe I will just spend some time in Purgatory with Dave Bush for the sacrilegious cocking devices on the K-Gun and Blaser as they must be the work of the devil.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
Maybe I will just spend some time in Purgatory with Dave Bush for the sacrilegious cocking devices on the K-Gun and Blaser as they must be the work of the devil.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery!!! Big Grin

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I shall keep these commandments always at my elbow (with the Knob Creek).

Lo and verily, I shall always use the SDR and the SSLF (Sublime Single Loader Farquharson)

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May thy hinge pin be anointed with oil, that thy action stay tight, in the face of danger.

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya, you boys just keep drinkin the 'Kool Aid'. . . . . . . . . .

coffee

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:

It's more fun hangin with the Devil. He shoots a .500/.416 K-gun too. Pass the Knob Creek and bring on the dancin girls! thumb

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How sad it is to see the deluded spurn the truth and to prefer fellowship with the devil.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools and confused the elixir of truth with Kool-Ade.

Repent of your sinful ways and adhere to the commandments that have been given you. Thus may your days be many in fields filled with plenteous game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I certainly don't want to be seen as one who speaks blasphemy, but........ Single Shot is okay, but an O/U is not????

Educate me brother.

I recently saw a Heym O/U in 450 NE that was a sinfully beautiful firearm.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blessed be the Cape Buffalo, for he maketh me to lie down in green pastures. My second shot misseth. Roll Eyes

Sorry guys. Couldn't resist... a single shot fan.

"Isn't it pretty to think so."

Posts: 148 | Location: Cascade Foot Hills | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
I certainly don't want to be seen as one who speaks blasphemy, but........ Single Shot is okay, but an O/U is not????

Educate me brother.

I recently saw a Heym O/U in 450 NE that was a sinfully beautiful firearm.

An over/under is OK as long as you hold it sideways and shoot it with one hand.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
An over/under is OK as long as you hold it sideways and shoot it with one hand.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhh....Okay. I get it now.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Educate me brother."

"I recently saw a Heym O/U in 450 NE that was a sinfully beautiful firearm."

Thou sayest, "Educate me brother." Thou doest well.

Yea, the Prophet Westley Richards did see this stiffnecked people, and, behold, created the Ovundo. He said unto them: Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the way of virtue: as your fathers did, so do ye. My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways. Be ye not stiffnecked, as your fathers were, but yield yourselves unto the Side by Side.

Lust not after her false beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger? Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?

That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her beguiling profile. There was a young man void of understanding. Who understoodeth not the large opening angle required to reload an over/under.

And, behold, there met him a woman, a sinfully beautiful firearm with vertically stacked barrels. She saith unto him: Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee. I have decked my metalwork with coverings of engraving, with carved gold inlays, with fine walnut of Turkey.

I have perfumed my bed with Hoppe's #9, Sweets, and Rangoon oil. Come, let us take our fill of
love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves. For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long safari: He hath taken a large bag of ammunition with him, and will come home at the day appointed, laden with ivory.

With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him. He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the ill-balanced stocks; Till a buffalo horn strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

And the times of this ignorance were winked at; but now are commandeth all men every where to repent:

Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of by the prophets;

Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the over/under unto this hour use it as a thing offered for non-dangerous game hunting; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

But an over/under commendeth us not: for neither, if we use it, are we the better; neither, if we use it not, are we the worse. But take heed lest by any means this liberty of your's become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

For if any man see thee which hast knowledge use such, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to do likewise; And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother become still weaker and attempt to use the over/under for dangerous game hunting?

Wherefore, if an over/under make my brother to offend, I will use no over/under while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, go among the weak that they might not fall in the way and
partake of over/unders.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have a real sweet little Heym O/U rifle...

BUT it is not a DG gun, as it is a 30/30 Win....

Works great on deer, turkey, coyotes and wild pigs....

For DG I prefer a SXS....

However, at SCI there was this Heym O/U 450/400......

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote