THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    500/416 Kreighoff new for $8500
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

500/416 Kreighoff new for $8500
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted
500/416 at BassPro

whoever was asking about 500/416's, here's BPs ad for a nice deal

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
470Cap:

It was me....I think you were the one that saw a new or near-new 500-416 at Gander Mtn in Houston. Anyway, I called them and they did indeed have such a gun...used but excellent. It is being shipped to the GM near me for a look-see. I'll let you know.
By the way, from what I have gathered, the gun at BP that you have a link to is a European gun that is considered a "gray-market" piece here in the states....is that bad or good???..don't know. I'm curious to see the one at GM...next day or two.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I looked the one from BP, wood was so so and slightly miss matched color wise between the forend and the stock. The new one I got has got great wood.

CZ .416 Rigby
Win. 70 .375 H&H
NRA life
SCI and DSC
Retired Air Force E-8

Posts: 13 | Location: Wytheville Va. | Registered: 26 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too looked at the one at BP in Houston. It was represented to me that it was a new gun. They told me that they were selling it at cost and had no more room to move on it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
KM5LA:

Did that rifle have the normal "engraving" that the newer American models have? The gun should be here in a day or 2 as I stopped by there this morning and the Firearms manager called the Houston store and talked with the ops manager....you can only get good info from the top it seems. It may indded be new as the only one who thought it was used was the kid at GM Houston that said it was in the glass case.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was pretty limited engraving. It said "Krieghoff Classic" on the bottom. I think it is the current engraving, but I'm not positive. The gun looked new. The action was very tight still. I did not notice the color mismatch between the forend and buttstock that someone else reported. I did notice a tiny ding in the checkering on the left side of the pistol grip. It was very minor. It is a very nice rifle. They did not have any ammo for it. I thought about it and decided I should spend the money on a hunt since my Chapuis suits me just fine for now and doesn't get as much use as it deserves. Good luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, KM....it will be here tomorrow. I'm not committed to it, but had it shipped to look at it. Who knows....for the $$ it might be a buy.
I appreciate the response.

gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
KM... you said you looked at a gun at BP (basspro shops) this gun was at Gander Mountain.. it appeared to be a new gun to me, and I didn't notice any color variations or defects.. I didn't look it over very hard, since I'm an English gun fan...

Hope it suits you GarBy.....

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ooops! I meant that I looked at the gun at Gander Mountain. Sorry for the confusion.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents....the gun is mint and shows very nice. Called Krieghoff from the gun counter and they gave me history of the gun right then and there....even had a note in computer that said it had "reddish colored wood"...which is spot on. GM had raised the price back up to the "pre-sale" price....but I said we'll need to talk if I buy it.

We'll see.................

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC