THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    450 3 1/4" Nickel plated Brass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 3 1/4" Nickel plated Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Doc's mention of Sam's recommendation of solids in nickel sounds like a good plan to me.

I have been marking my solids case heads with a red paint pen, but the nickel cases would be better.

Any one know a source for the 450 3 1/4" nickel plated brass?

Many Thanks
HBH

One of Us
Picture of Dukescav
posted Hide Post
HBH,
I nickle plated some 45/90 brass that I was shooting blackpowder in back a few years ago in an electroless-nickle plating solution. It simply required the solution to be heated up. Might try to find someone that could just nickle a few that you already have.
Duke

Posts: 47 | Location: Houston | Registered: 07 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HBH:
Doc's mention of Sam's recommendation of solids in nickel sounds like a good plan to me.

I have been marking my solids case heads with a red paint pen, but the nickel cases would be better.

Any one know a source for the 450 3 1/4" nickel plated brass?

Many Thanks
HBH

HBH,

Post your request in the "Gunsmith" and "Reloading" forums. There is a gentleman who frequents there who might be able to help out.

Alternatively, I looked into a few plating places here in New Jersey and there were more than I expected. If the first suggestion doesn't work out there might be someone close to you that will do it for a nominal fee.

Good luck,

Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas I'll give that a whirl.

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I take a sharpie and color the back ends of the cartridges black, and I show the trackers which cartridge is which.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote