THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    WTK: Buying / Selling DR's at the Dallas Safari Show?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTK: Buying / Selling DR's at the Dallas Safari Show?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I understand there will be some DR's for sale at the Dallas Safari Show in January. Does anyone know how this is set-up? Is it like a gunshow type atmosphere, where folks buy, sell and trade firearms on the floor? Will there be folks that have tables set up just to sell firearms and related items? *Can you bring related items to sell/trade? Thanks.

DRSS Member.

Posts: 31 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kind of the "best of the best" dealers; not really a gun show atmosphere, but dealers like Champlin Arms & some others will trade. Not many lower grade guns like you'd normally see at a local gun show, but many shotguns & rifles that make your mouth water.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You guys have pretty much ruined the double rifle market, for buyers. Smiler

If you look at Champlin's site it is essentially devoid of double rifles.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19334 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I believe the largest selection of doubles can be seen at the Beinfield Antique Arms and International Sporting Arms shows in January in Vegas at the Riviera.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanofdbls:
I understand there will be some DR's for sale at the Dallas Safari Show in January. Does anyone know how this is set-up? Is it like a gunshow type atmosphere, where folks buy, sell and trade firearms on the floor? Will there be folks that have tables set up just to sell firearms and related items? *Can you bring related items to sell/trade? Thanks.

DRSS Member.

Champlin's booth will 20 or 30 doubles in it alone, and across the isle is Harry's booth and he usually has a couple of double rifles as well. There are others who have doubles as well, and most if not all are for sale and/or trade. If you want to buy from Champlin's who is an Oklahoma dealer, Mims at Hunters Headquarters across the isle (Harry) will transfere it for you.

You will not find them at bargain basement prices, however, like some times at a gun show, but you will be dealing with honourable people where Champlin's is concerned.

Bring what you want to trade, someone who is interested will get it in for you! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WILL
Can you please Elaborate on Your post.. Many of us outside the loop are think'in..Umm
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AK,

I think he is saying that there is so much demand for used doubles that the prices have been pushed up.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eurogun Imports will have a booth at the DSC convention from Jan 12-14. Right now it looks like we will have 6 Heym doubles, 5 Chapuis doubles and 4 Krieghoff doubles on the racks for sale. Stop by and try the different makers guns, all in one place. Inventory is up on the EurogunImports.com website. We will also have a booth in Houston on Jan. 19-21. Charles Prince

Posts: 72 | Location: Houston Texas USA | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jackson armory from dallas will have a selection of double rifles too

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote