THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My Rifle (I think I'll Keep Her)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Rifle (I think I'll Keep Her)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted
I don't usually spend much time bench shooting my 450 (3 1/4) but I did today with factory Hornady DGX ammo. Shooting off a bedroll from a bench at my backyard range I was pretty happy with the results. When you factor in that my "over 50" eyes have a hard time with iron sights it makes these groups all the better.

The first 2 pics are at 25yds because frankly I could just barely focus on the front sight and still see some of the red bullseye. The 3rd pic is a composite group of 6rds at 25yds and 2rds at 50yds off of my shooting sticks.From 50 I just basically tried to center the target.
P.S. I did not have my glasses on when I hung my targets so disregard the orientation of the scoring numbers, the photos are of the targets as they were aligned during shooting except for pic 2 which should have the group rotated a little bit more to the left.

Right Barrel

Left Barrel

Composite group at 25 @ 50yds

I just need to remember to keep the front bead buried deep in the rear V or it starts going high!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I'll take the bait...
What gun is it?

Posts: 3322 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
It's one of those doubles from the maker whose name shall not be spoken on the internet.
But here is a hint, she's an Italian beauty Smiler

"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh my god!! it's not one of the new taksdale's is it. Can't be, those are made in crookmark.

Posts: 332 | Location: eastern oregon usa | Registered: 21 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
That looks like a Sabeauty! Or should I say that isabeauty or is Sabatti Wink

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Great shooting.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice ! As I have said before, these rifles can be outstanding in performance. Mine shoots almost as well and I have not even played much with the loads.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
JCS: Very nicely done. Glad you have one of the "good" ones! We know they are out there.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Are you ready for Africa? Lookes like the double rifle is ready.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
It's one of those doubles from the maker whose name shall not be spoken on the internet.
But here is a hint, she's an Italian beauty Smiler

Well, a sucker is born every minute, and apparently, this one will be enjoying his fine shooting moderately priced double rifle much to the consternation of the pundits whom warned him away.
Now, aren't you glad you took the risk?

Posts: 3322 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
Beautiful groups.

I'd say you have a keeper.

Man, I'd hate to see what you could do with glasses on. rotflmo

Kind regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Well as some of you know, I have had this rifle for about 18mo. which is before all the Hurrah on the net. It has always shot great (approx 250rds) but I decided to see what it would do if I got a little serious. Its a keeper!

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
JCS

It the 500 I bought had of shot like that I would have kept it too.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote