THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Searcy 500NE Double on Gunbroker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy 500NE Double on Gunbroker
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will, nice looking piece. Mike Brooks here on AR has my Searcy 450 NE now...ask him for his opinion. 500 NE is my favorite DR caliber.

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Thoughts? My thoughts are that it is a very good rifle, very good chambering and very good price. But then I own one and just got back from Africa on a successful elephant/buffalo hunt.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thoughts? I think that I need it.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will,

Nice gun at a great price. You need to jump on this one.

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
But Will, you would no longer be "Bolt Trash". What is next, a Kubota tractor and LSU Fighting Tiger fan?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think that Will would go for it. It has 2 triggers! Very nice wood however.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
A GREAT price for a GREAT GUN. If anyone is in the market for a large caliber DR, I would seriously consider this rifle.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty for sure.

Hmmm, I still have 500NE brass, bullets and dies ...

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It says: PH-Model with upgraded engraving.
How does that model differ from his current Classic or Field Grade.
And if someone knows, approximately what would have been the original selling price.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
Hmmm, I still have 500NE brass, bullets and dies ...

DOC!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE KOOL-AID !!!!

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Whew!!! Eeker

That was a close one!

Thanks Biebs! tu2

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the trouble with this disease....you're always only a nice photo away from another $12K-$25K tab!!!!

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's the trouble with this disease....you're always only a nice photo away from another $12K-$25K tab!!!!

Is there a DR Anonymous that I can join?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc

Michael would be glad to get you some CEB BBW #13's in 500

jumping

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I think I'm out.

One, I leave in 50 days. That's not much time to get settled into a new rifle.

Second, the LOP is 15 inches to the front trigger, just a little long for me.

Third, the gun is on the left coast and I'm in Alabama. I hate to drop 12k on the deal, sight unseen. I'd want to fire and handle the gun first.

I have the serial number if anyone would like to call Butch and get the skinny on the gun. PM me and I'll share it. I PM'd Butch, but he has not responded as of yet.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Out on the Harley, no doubt!

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Wow, the seller is right up the street from me. May have to stop on in and have a look.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
I think I'm out.

One, I leave in 50 days. That's not much time to get settled into a new rifle.

Second, the LOP is 15 inches to the front trigger, just a little long for me.

Third, the gun is on the left coast and I'm in Alabama. I hate to drop 12k on the deal, sight unseen. I'd want to fire and handle the gun first.

I have the serial number if anyone would like to call Butch and get the skinny on the gun. PM me and I'll share it. I PM'd Butch, but he has not responded as of yet.

SL,

I'm here to help you rationalize this purchase. You can thank me later. Wink

One, A 15" LOP is perfect for you because...

Remember that it's ALWAYS easier to shorten a LOP than to lengthen one. Cut sand reinstall the recoil pad done.

Second, It's a SEARCY if there's anything wrong with it Butch will fix it no questions asked.

Third, Airline tickets are cheap you could be in San Diego in like 4 hours where you could give it a good once over at the range.

So what's REALLY holding you back? Ain't you got the hair or what? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2 Will: It's not too late! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle, to bad that sales tax in San Diego is just shy of a full 10%. I couldn't stomach giving an extra $1000 to support that gun grabbing state government. OUCH!

Better to have it shipped.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have it shipped back to your dealer...no sales tax for out of state purchase.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that I'm left handed so I'm not tempted by this.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have it shipped back to your dealer...no sales tax for out of state purchase.

Biebs,
You're not helping me here! Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CCMDoc,

Go for it and ship it down to Michael458 for load development and barrel mods. He can do something about the sights also.

jumping

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
being left handed is fine you could always have the stock converted and triggers changed when i sold my 700 nitro the person was right handed and had to convert my stock and have the triggers changed to fit him.

im currently saving up money for a 577 double only have 14k atm gonna need bout 30k for a decent rifle though unfortunatly gotta love paying the primium price for those 577+ caliber dosnt take much more materials or even time to make but they defintly like raping your wallet for the bigger guns im a certified machinist/tool maker the only thing stoping me from making my owen rifles is the canadian paper work wich is a toatle bitch atm.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 700 nitro:
im currently saving up money for a 577 double only have 14k atm gonna need bout 30k for a decent rifle

Not necessarily. See these two:
Click this - V-C 577 NE

and
Click this too - Searcy 577NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
nice fine rifles ill have to look into them a bit more i prefer a new rifle even if it costs a bit more iv always been extreamly leary of used fire arms. maybe a 577 is in my future sooner rather than later.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 700 nitro:
nice fine rifles ill have to look into them a bit more i prefer a new rifle even if it costs a bit more iv always been extreamly leary of used fire arms. maybe a 577 is in my future sooner rather than later.

As far as I can tell from the ads, both of these are new in box but I could be wrong about it.

No real interest but in either sale, just trying to help a fellow big bore double guy out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
just trying to help a fellow big bore double guy out.

Doc, you're right! We Big Bore guys have found the best means to help us justify having rifles that are flat out over-the-top way tooooooo powerful... get as many other people to buy them as we can!!!!

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have yet to be blessed with owning a Francotte double, but my best friend has one that I can shoot or borrow anytime I want..'

Those German Francotte's are the finest double rifles I have seen including all the great English guns..

I'm talking just the guns themselves and the workmanship, not the engraving and bling, those extras are cosmetic and can be had on any gun, not saying I don't like that stuff, I do.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I have yet to be blessed with owning a Francotte double, but my best friend has one that I can shoot or borrow anytime I want..'

Those German Francotte's are the finest double rifles I have seen including all the great English guns..

I'm talking just the guns themselves and the workmanship, not the engraving and bling, those extras are cosmetic and can be had on any gun, not saying I don't like that stuff, I do.

Francotte firearms are made in Liege Belgium not Germany IIRC.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote