New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis UGEX
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Why are the Chapuis UGEX rifles less expensive than other models Chapuis makes? Is it because the UGEX is usually seen in 9.3x74 and the more expensive ones are 470NE...I don't get it?

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
the UGEX is an extractor gun, the RGEX is an ejector gun... the basic wood on the UGEX is AA grade.. the RGEX is AAA...there are some other differences, but those will get you started...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Thanks for the information. This helps put it in perspective.

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
look for a member here on AR thats "DLN"... he's dale nygaard, and sells chapuis... you could get a catalog from him. i got my chapuis from him, great guy to deal with...

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second that opinion. I've bought two Chapuis from Dale; great guy that really knows his stuff. A true pleasure to deal with.
Rick

DRSS

Posts: 707 | Location: Gulf coast SW Fla. USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimatcat:
the UGEX is an extractor gun, the RGEX is an ejector gun... the basic wood on the UGEX is AA grade.. the RGEX is AAA...there are some other differences, but those will get you started...

The UGEX I bought from Dale has ejectors.
And I agree, Dale is a top notch guy to do biz with.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YES, DLN IS A GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH UNTIL SOMETHING GOES WRONG

THEN HE AND CHAPUIS DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU . THEY JUST IGNORE YOU

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FROG MADE GUN AFTER BEING SCREWED BY DLN AND CHAPUIS

I ORDERED THE SECOND MOST EXPENSIVE MODEL THEY OFFER IN 9,3 - IT IS SUPPOSED TOO HAVE MULTIPLE A GRADE WOOD

THE RIFLE WAS STOCKED WITH SOME KIND OF BLOND WOOD AND WORSE IT WAS FULL OF SAPWOOD TOO.

WOULD THEY DO ANYTHING TO CORRECT THIS ?

ABSOLUTELY NOT . THERE WAS JUST A DEAFENING SILENCE FROM DLN.

SO YOU PRAISE SINGERS OF DLN & CHAPUIS BE WARNED AND PRAY YOU NEVER HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH YOUR FROG BUILT GUN - LIKE THE ONE JJ HAS BEEN TRYING TO REGULATE FOR 6 MONTHS WITH NO SUCCESS. IF YOU GOT A GOOD ONE YOU WERE LUCKY,
SINCE THEY WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING TO MAKE IT RIGHT.

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
I have to disagree with you Tom... you saw my chapuis at the DRSS shoot a year ago... nice rifle... Dale honored his contract when i purchased the rifle from him, and jumped thru hopps to get it to me in time for the shoot...after about 40 shoots, the reaqr trigger turned to crap and i'd bent the release lever, probabaly because the action was stiff to open... after a conversation with dale, i sent the rifle back to Dale... he had his shoulder in a sling, from rotator cuff surgery and couldn't do the repair, but sent the rifle on to Pat Laib ( google him to see his work)... Pat fixed whatever the problem was, and i have fabulous 4lb triggers...Dale refunded my shipping... was i inconvienced???... maybe...how long was the rifle gone???... 6 weeks....when i sent a BAR .243 back to browning for repair earlier this year, it took 3 months to get it back... Dale stayed in touch with me throughout the repair, and i'd recomend him to anyone....

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
In my dealings with DLN he's always done what he said he'd do and I'm a happy camper.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I couldn't pass on the price of the Chapuis 9.3 and ordered a UGEX stocked for a lefty through DLN last November. I sent over a Swarovski 1.5x6 to have the gun factory regulated with the scope at 100m with Norma's 286gr Oryx.

When the gun came in Dale sent me pictures. The wood looked terrible and Dale offered to get me a different gun if I wanted. When I received the gun the wood looked better in person and I decided to keep it.

At the range the gun cross fired 14" at 100 yds with the Norma Oryx. Dale offered to have it re-regulated. In the end, I had JJ do it under Chapuis's warranty because I was comfortable with JJ.

Unfortunately, my gun isn't the only one that had regulation problems as I've heard of several others.

I would buy another gun from DLN and found Dale a pleasure to deal with but I'll never get another Chapuis.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WELL IF DALE WAS SO GOOD TO YOU GUYS WHY WOULDN'T HE MAKE GOOD ON THE WOOD FOR ME ??

SORRY, I LOST ALL MY RESPECT FOR DALE AND THE FROGS. I'LL STICK WITH REAL DOUBLE RIFLES - GEMAN ONES.

FU** THE FROGS !!

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:
WELL IF DALE WAS SO GOOD TO YOU GUYS WHY WOULDN'T HE MAKE GOOD ON THE WOOD FOR ME ??

SORRY, I LOST ALL MY RESPECT FOR DALE AND THE FROGS. I'LL STICK WITH REAL DOUBLE RIFLES - GEMAN ONES.

FU** THE FROGS !!

Tom, I think you just answered your own question. No doubt in my mind there is a lot more to your story but I find it interesting that only you appear to have a problem with a business transaction between yourself and Dale. IMO he is a very reputable gentleman and has done everything in his power to help his customers. I too had some initial problems with my Chapuis I purchased as part of the group buy and Dale immediately took the rifle back and corrected the issues. I now have a gun that shoots very well and I am more than happy with the services he provided. I too will rethink any future Chapuis purchases however would not hesitate to do business with DLN again.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

FU** THE FROGS !!

Well, Tom, if you approached Dale about it like you usually do, with a broomstick up your ass, then I'm not surprised that he didn't want to deal with you.

Could it be that the real reason for this attack might have something to do with the nine ads you have on gunsinternational.com offering German double rifles for sale, seven of them new Merkel's?

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

FU** THE FROGS !!

Funny how nicknames get started. I think we have a new moniker for TO - "Frog F@*ker".

So let it be written. So let it be done.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in on a Chapuis group and also recieved a rifle that shot poorly. Dale took care of it immediately and in a few months I had a replacement that shoots better than I ever expected any double to shoot. Dale is a standup guy who goes the extra mile for his customers. I don't think we are getting the complete picture from Tomo.