Find
Notify
Tools

DRSS APPEARAL??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris E Nelson
posted
I "offically" joined DRSS and I would like to know if we have hats with DRSS LOGO and if so ....where do I get one? Thanks

Posts: 153 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Chris:

Mulhollands down near Dallas does the embroidery for us. You may contact Sherri Cook at Mulhollands directly at 817-624-1153.

They have the hats there - we usually go with green or tan in color. When you call, tell her you want the AR emblem on the front, your AR screen name (if you want) on the back, and "Double Rifle Shooters Society" on the side. I think the cost for the hat is $25 or so.

Now, for shirts, they don't have them in stock, so what you have to do is send them a NEW, UNWORN shirt and they will do the embroidery. Sherri is a great person to deal with.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
For shirts, go to LONG GRASS OUTFITTERS

They have several shirts styles and weights.
Melody and Gerald are forum members and they are wonderful folks to do business with!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i can supply you with DRSS novelty license plates....see my avatar....nearly any state... i have lots of texas in stock....pm me if interested.... ... $29.95 includes clear cover, frame, shipping... proceeds to pay for my chapuis....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys Iam looking forward to being member and someday soon attending one of the events and also showing you guys my British DR's.

Posts: 153 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris
Welcome to AR.
What doubles do you have?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NE 450 Nitro-- I have 3 British DR's First one is a Westley Richards Droplock 375 H&H with an extra set of 270Win barrels built for the Maharaja of Alwar in 1926 restored by WR in 1958 still in 90% condition. Second is a W J Jeffrey boxlock in 470 Nitro...great shooter. Third is a R B Rodda 400-360 Nitro Hammergun also fully restored and also a great shooter. I shoot them every few weeks since I have a 100yd shooting range in my backyard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posts: 8 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 18 January 2007

Forgot to mention that I also have a Pre-war German double rifle made by Carl Lewerantz in 9.3x74R with 2 original Carl Zeiss scopes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris
Sounds like you have some VERY nice doubles thumb

You need to come to the next DRSS hunt/shoot.

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
If the DRSS has an actual logo, can someone post a photo? If it doesn't, that would be a pretty cool project.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We have sort of addopted the AR logo. It is on the front of our caps, and on out shirts.

Since it was AR that brought us together I think it is fitting.
We all owe Saeed for supporting AR and thus allowing us to communicate.

Saeed, you should come to Dallas for the DSC and the DRSS shoot/hunt next year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NE450- Would really like to come to "our" next shoot ...keep me posted on when that might be Regards CHRIS

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris E Nelson:
NE450- Would really like to come to "our" next shoot ...keep me posted on when that might be Regards CHRIS

Chris, send 577NitroExpress a PM and ask him to add you to the group PM list for DRSS! Then when anything happens to come up, you will automaticlly get a PM about it!

By the way, congratulation on your new member status on DRSS, Welcome! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris
We are trying for another hunt at 4K around March April, before TX turkey season.

As Mac says, get added to the DRSS PM's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I added Chris to my Buddy List.

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys..sounds like your all cool bunch of "fanatics" to hang out with. Regards Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to DRSS !!!
Did any one else catch that “I have a 100 yd range in my back yard†line Made me green lol.
jumping
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul,
Mullholland isn't "down near Dallas".
It is in the heart of Cowtown. That's Fort Worth for the uninitiate. We over here in Cowtown resent being labeled as "near Dallas". If the Fort weren't here in the old days, Dallas would never have made it. Fort Worth was established as "The Last Outpost West" to protect the sissyfied city slickers to our east from marauding Comanche Indians and it would appear by the overwhelming and historically ever-increasing amount of sissyfied city-slickers to our east that my forbears did too good a job in stamping out the threat. Wink

Life's Too Short To Live In Dallas.

Billy Bob

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I have a 97 yard range at the store but I keep dreaming of 3 more yards.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have not designed a DRSS Logo Yet.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wise1:
Hey Paul,
Mullholland isn't "down near Dallas".
It is in the heart of Cowtown. That's Fort Worth for the uninitiate. We over here in Cowtown resent being labeled as "near Dallas". If the Fort weren't here in the old days, Dallas would never have made it. Fort Worth was established as "The Last Outpost West" to protect the sissyfied city slickers to our east from marauding Comanche Indians and it would appear by the overwhelming and historically ever-increasing amount of sissyfied city-slickers to our east that my forbears did too good a job in stamping out the threat. Wink

Life's Too Short To Live In Dallas.

moon

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wise1:
Keep in mind it was us folks from "Panther City" (Haltom City) that provided the much needed support and protection for the more gentrified of Cowtown.

Dutch

Damn the man who talks shoot but won't wager a nickle on his gun or ability.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch,
Glad to hear from a neighbor just slightly north. However I feel the need to correct you on one small point. The moniker of Panther City actually belongs to Cowtown, and not Haltom City. In 1875 the Dallas Herald published an article stating that Fort Worth was such a sleepy place that a panther was seen sleeping on Main Street near the courthouse.
Here is a link to a page that links to the original article. Panther City Info

In Dallas they call it sushi; In Fort Worth we call it bait.

Billy Bob

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With Quote