THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Wff HEIN - DOUBLE Falling Block Action!?!?!?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wff HEIN - DOUBLE Falling Block Action!?!?!?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey D/R enthusiasts, can we get KARL WEBBER and his cohorts at WFF HEIN www.rifleactions.com to make a

DOUBLE FALLING BLOCK - BIG BORE ACTION??? clap HAGN did a 30-06 double falling block a few years back.

To reload the FB action may be a little slower than the break open action, (so we would shoot MORE to get as much speed as we could right?) thumb

but the action would be strong enough for a 700 NE at 2400 FPS velocity!!! jumping

Of course such a rifle would weigh some 50 pounds!!!!! Big Grin
But really, anything up to say 500 NE at 2400FPS would be attractive, would it not? cheers

KARL, are you out there, what do you say? Sell such a rifle for 10K, even if SYNTHETIC stocked

and you'll never be without orders, NEVER!!!!!

[A rifle that's "Off Face", what's that mean? Wink]

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack,

Ssssshhh....Don't give Karl any ideas....they need to finish up the Mauser project first thumb

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Karl and the gentlemen of Wff Hein are some clever guys and I wouldn't put this passed them to try it. Furthermore, if they did something similar in the past then I'd bet they still have the program saved on a disk and could scale it up or down to suit your needs.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WaffenfabrikHein
posted Hide Post
Jack,
Possible, but not probable, at least not in the near future. We have a few too many projects, and yes JJS, the Mauser is top priority as far as new product development goes. I must admit that the subject as been discussed, ussually late in the day if you know what I mean. Keep an eye on us, you never know what may happen.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
The double falling block that Hagn built was a beauty. I would love to see Hein turn something like that out, even if only for a piece to showcase their abilities.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Confused bewilderedWhy do we need ANOTHER Mauser Action on the market?

We NEED a BIG BORE - SIDE BY SIDE - HIGH PRESSURE HANDING - FALLING BLOCK - DOUBLE RIFLE!!!!! clap thumb

Come on www.rifleactions.com - don't let www.dakotaarms.com or anyone else "JUMP YOU" on this.

It's a chance to enter and dominate a NEW WORLD in riflemaking!!!!!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
there is an interesting FB DR on this link, austria falling block drscroll way down its near the bottom.

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
falling block DR! I wanted them to do that last year and nobody else did...I'm gonna get my boxers in a bunch if they do it for y'all and wouldn't build one for me! Big Grin

Meanwhile, I epoxied 2 Ruger No 1's together yesterday...a 30-30 and a 45-70. Today we'll see how my falling block double rifle works! Then, it'll be off to Searcy for Bill Soverns to stock it! animal

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACRecurve:
Meanwhile, I epoxied 2 Ruger No 1's together yesterday...a 30-30 and a 45-70.

You are supposed to use duct tape not epoxy! Easier to regulate it... rotflmo

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote