THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sabatti Double Rifles - any recent feedback / updates ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatti Double Rifles - any recent feedback / updates ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sabatti Double Rifles

Does anyone have any recent feedback / updates from the one's sold by Cabella's ?

Would be interested to know.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I'd also like to hear from those who bought them; looks like they have all sold. Next shipment due this month or March with the following changes:

Regulated with Hornady
Integral scope rib
Sling swivels
Some with ejectors for an additional $500-$1000

Probably some other stuff I don't remember. This shipment will be built to Cabela's specs, unlike the first rifles which were already available.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No one able to comment ?

Does anyone on AR own one of these Sabatti Double Rifles ?

or even know someone who has purchased one ?

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would almost appreciate not hearing any more... Sounds crazy, I know. But there is a 100:1 chance I could break down and buy one. I cannot do that, if; they become popular and double in price.

Serously, I just looked at cabelas latest shooting supply catalog and there in the centerfold is the Sebatti Double. A nice practical - no stupid engraving - Basic Model $3,000 in 45/70 and 9.3x74 only. But, if you want a 375HH or any 40 caliber, $5,000 engraved! thank you sir! Where is this commandment written?

Posts: 1226 | Location: New England  | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I just called the Sidney Neb. store and they don't have a clue when the next batch will arrive. They did say that all the rifles were sold during the Reno SCI shindig. Ask on a SCI forum maybe and report back.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the 45-70 rifles. shot it some, but not alot, due to the weather and school. Will probably get it out in the latter part of March and wring it out some more.
About changed my mind on a 500NE in this gun, because I understand they weigh less than 9 lbs, which is a bit light in my opinion, but what do I know.
Think it might be a great gun, for the money, in 9.3 x 74R, but not too sure in heavier calibers. It is kind of light.

DRSS
Beretta 45-70 belgian mag
Tikka 512S 9.3 x 74R
Baikal o/u 30-06
Looking for next one

Posts: 290 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think at 9 pounds, the 450/400 should be reasonable option. And $3000 would be a reasonable price. Hey, I can dream. I expect the reality is higher prices and more fancy options.

Posts: 1226 | Location: New England  | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the $3K guns are either 9.3x74 or 45/70. I think the big bores are two grand more with extractors and three grand more with ejectors.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the $3K guns are either 9.3x74 or 45/70. I think the big bores are two grand more with extractors and three grand more with ejectors.

Exactly right, with the 375HH being considered a $5-6K BIG bore. As opposed to the 45 caliber seventy or the 9.3mm (aka 36.6 caliber) small bores. My bitch dejour. Why? Because we are all considered cattle, to be milked like cows.

I'll give them about 2 month too drop the 9.3 and 45/70 options.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fourbore et al,

The reason the 9.3 and 45-70 are less expensive is because they are the standard grade rifles. All the other calibers are on the upgraded style featuring reinforced action bodies, better wood, better engraving, better sights, and in general more of a safari style rifle. Cabela's just received a shipment of the standard grade rifles last week, and it's my understanding that a shipment of .470's and .500's in the Safari grade has arrived in country and should be to Cabela's in a week or so. It will then take another week or so for them to reach the individual stores.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hollis

Posts: 139 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 13 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe that reinforced action bodies and better sites should double the manufacturing cost or value of the arm. Nor should style increase cost. I though the high cost of doubles was all the hand fitting and regulation, apparently not.

Is more strength needed for the 450/400 for instance? I can see the gun maybe weak for the 470 or 500 cases, which are larger diameter. Does it really cost significantly more to build in that strength?

The engraving was reported to be done by machine. I hate that fancy junk - machine or hand work.

Not a complaint against Hollis or LJS, just venting my general frustration on more of the same-old same-old. I am sure these will be snapped up and the prices will increase. Dont expect a standard grade to be offered much longer or ever in a caliber I want.