THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    BODDINGTON ON AFRICAN RIFLES
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BODDINGTON ON AFRICAN RIFLES
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I had the privilege of hearing Craig Boddington do his presentation on African Rifles. He spoke at the DSC monthly meeting. He did a great job of explaining and outlining his thoughts on African Rifles. I think if you can’t see him in person the new video BODDINGTON ON AFRICAN RIFLES would be well worth watching.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boddington is great but your blunt advertising confuses me.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there's nothing wrong with being confused.
Just don't make a career out of it!

Rich

PS: a more discerning person might have come to the conclusion that Mr Cooley enjoyed the presentation Craig made, and thought the new DVD was worthy of purchase by those of us here who are interested in hunting Africa and the proper battery of rifles to consider.

Blunt, here's Blunt: THIS VIDEO IS GREAT!!! BUY IT!!!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
a more discerning person might have come to the conclusion that Mr Cooley enjoyed the presentation Craig made, and thought the new DVD was worthy of purchase by those of us here who are interested in hunting Africa and the proper battery of rifles to consider.

+1

I figured this gentleman was so enthralled with Boddington's speech that he felt the need to share that fact with us.

After all, isn't that what we do here on this forum: share information?

Boddington sure brings a lot of people's feeling of inadequacy to the surface....

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JBrown,

not ANY of the serious crew here, like you or me; we are all living that same dream, just to varying levels. The DVDs, and the many excellent books he has writen provide many hours of enjoyment for me. They stir my personal memories of looking that big Cape Buffalo bull right in the eye and saying (under my breath) "You looking at me? Come get some of this big guy.".

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Rich
I've met Boddington a couple of time and he is so friendly and down to earth that I find it hard to simply tell him what I intend to, which is: "Mr. Boddington I can't thank you enough for all the hours that your writing has transported me back to the bush. Congratulations on all your success."

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JBrown,

I think there is a fine line between "Envy" and "Admire" to what someone like Craig Boddington has accomplished. I admire him, as much for his service to his country as his hunting career. He has done what a lot of folks here wish they could.
I just like to think he got a head start on me, and that God willing; I will enjoy the success and happiness that DG hunting has brought him. Perhaps not the quantity, but every bit the total experience and quality to my standards.

Rich

I am awfully proud to call him my friend though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys, much appreciated. I can honestly say I like the DVDs we've done, and I'm proud of them--including the new one on African Rifles--but, seriously, it's great editing and other behind-the-scenes stuff by my partners, Tim Danklef and Dave Fulson, that really make these things worth watching.

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is, if you consider them worth watching!

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CB on Elephant is worth watching X 2. You get both Craig and Ivan Carter!!

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Craig,

you're saying that they "are the wind beneath your wings...".

It takes a good crew to pull off the quality DVDs and TAA every week. I am still waiting for about a seven DVD set of TAA every year!

Rich

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
My wife got me the DVD for Christmas.

I have still not watched it.

Because when I do, it will be 'over'.

Kinda silly, really.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
I have to be honest, I have 5 of your DVD's but African Rifles was the least interesting. Sorry, just giving feedback.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Code4,

no insult there, just a preference for hunting DVDs over the technical stuff. The book is a bit better, but some folks learn more and faster with a visual presentation.

Craig's DVDs and books keep me going until I can get back to Africa again.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I watch "Boddington on Buffalo" once a week, while reading his book, "Safari Rifles II", with John Taylor's book, "African Rifles and Cartridges" on the lamp table as backup. All while holding my Krieg 450-400 in my lap, occasionally sighting it at random images on the screen. I would absolutely KILL (well, maybe not humans) to go for Cape Buff with Col Boddington. And I am completely normal.

Posts: 17281 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote