New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAMN DOUBLES
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is it about doubleguns. You get one then there is another one you just got to get. Like that old Rigby on gunsinternational. What would any body do with 577/500? Look at it play with all the purty parts the into the safe till tommorow night. AM I NUTS

Posts: 307 | Location: Dye Mound , Texas | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catosilvaje:
What is it about doubleguns. You get one then there is another one you just got to get. Like that old Rigby on gunsinternational. What would any body do with 577/500? Look at it play with all the purty parts the into the safe till tommorow night. AM I NUTS

No, even though it is self inflicted, you are not Nuts.

A bit carzy like the rest of us, but definately not nuts.

And yes you are right, "Look at it play with all the purty parts the into the safe till tommorow night" when you get it out again and start all over.

I hope that puts your mind at ease Big Grin

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks that helped for a minute. THEN I looked at it agin all the nice engraving every where and the little demon said in my ear it's only 25 steers they could all die tommorow then you wouldn't have either.SOMEBODY SHOOT ME

Posts: 307 | Location: Dye Mound , Texas | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks that helped for a minute. THEN I looked at it agin all the nice engraving every where and the little demon said in my ear it's only 25 steers they could all die tommorow then you wouldn't have either.SOMEBODY SHOOT ME

So sell the bloody steers and buy the gun, because in 1 year their will be another 25 little steers but their won't be another
Rigby with nice engraving !!!

But get someone else's opinion on the gun first before buying it just to make sure it is all good and as it should be.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
What would any body do with 577/500?

What ever you want!

You need to make it to one of our Hoot & Shoots!
Plenty of double to try!

A word of warning. . .The first one is free! Eeker

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Listen to this guy...

quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
quote:
What would any body do with 577/500?

What ever you want!

...and the comment about the steers is right the spot on.
Cows will screw, chew, and eventually spew more cows.
Rifles don't come with that feature.

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
How much is a steer? All we have here is pigs and 25 of them wouldn't buy a double barreled pop gun.

Posts: 17180 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I refer to one of my doubles as 7 bred broken mouth cows, they had to go anyway! Now they sit in my safe,, waiting to go kill a pig!

Posts: 1078 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
face it there is no hope just give into it.

You know I came into this world Fat, Bald, Totally broke and with a shitty attitude. Pretty soon it seems I'm going to go out the same way ...... If in between those to points I can own a few guns that Make me happy if only for a little while..... well why the hell not.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1229 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 500lb. steer will bring $600.Thats not total net after feed ect.I was riden pastures last week and found two dead cows. there went 2000.Doubles don't die the just get off face.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A 500lb. steer will bring $600.Thats not total net after feed ect.I was riden pastures last week and found two dead cows.

Been there, done that.

If you can live without the income from the steers this year and can afford to wait for next years calves, enjoy your double purchase NOW. You never know, next year you could be kickin' yourself for not holding on to those steers if the rains and pasture are good or, you could find yourself selling in a down market or buying lots of supplemental feed. I did get lucky one year with good rains all summer long (made paying for college a whole lot easier) but, the next three years were dry as a bone in that hot summer sun with a really dry fall killing the milo crop too (it was hard paying tuition those years).

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thinkin' about sellin' the whole shittin' mess fixed fence all day , grass out the ass. Bitches might use my double on them.Probably get 1600 a pair.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sell the steers. You can only farm or ranch until the money runs out. Bought a bunch of hogs way back, paid a fair price. Hog prices fell. I bought feed all summer. Sold the hogs for what I paid for them, but not what it cost to feed them. Might not rain; grass might dry up; steers might eat wire; steers might break a leg; feed bills might go through the roof.
Double rifle ammo is expensive, but it's cheaper than cow feed. Off face is cheaper to fix than a tractor.
Need any more aruguments?
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know this is off topic but my cow are big as hippo's the calves around 450 I can get 1650 for the pairs. I chased cows long enough time to hunt and trade rifles more fun same money less work.