Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo boxes?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of KINO
posted
Who makes a 20 rnd ammo box for the 470 N.E. Plastic or cardboard? any links would be helpful, thanks.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=151888 Would this work?

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These don't quite close on .470 NE. They work fine for .416 Rigby.

Oddly enough the Frankford Armory #211 20 rd slip top boxes do work:

Frankford 211 boxes

I bought them in blue and smoke. Tried .470 in them, and they do close properly.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
Tembo, those won't close with 470, their about 1/4 " too short. I bought three and found out at home they won't close.
Mstarling, will those Frankford cases hold all 20 470 N.E. bullet tip down and slip shut? If so I'll order some up.
Thanks guys.

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found some that will fit 450-400 at buffalo arms, made by Berry Mfg. google up buffalo and you should find them there. I think they are the ones that fit the big black powder cartridges. Bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KINO,

They do hold 20 .470 NE bullet down and slip shut. Like all slip boxes, thought, you'll need to tape or rubber band them for travel.

Same is true of the box that Rigby & Sons used to ship their .470 NE ammo in.

Is what I'll take to Tanzania if the Searcy goes.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The ones in the middle:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/2,273.html

With length up to 3.75, these may work in 470. bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobc:
The ones in the middle:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/2,273.html

With length up to 3.75, these may work in 470. bob

A 375 H&H cartridge is quite a bit shorter than a 470NE cartridge, and the body diameter is very much larger than the 375 H&H cartridge.

the 470NE has an OAL of 3.924", while the 375 H&H has an OAL of 3.584". In this case the 375 H&H being a factory loaded Browning solid, and the 470NE a Federal factory loaded TB solid.

I have plastic slide top boxes I bought from HDS, smoke grey, that will handle even the 475#2 NE which has an OAL of 4.26", and it and the 470 are both made on the 500NE base case.

When it comes to NE cases, the 375H&H is a tiny little thing! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. The frankford boxes at Midway look like the ticket and the price is right.
I am not familiar with HDS Boxes that Macd37 mentions, but will look them up.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Go here!
Berry's MFG

Buy these, and don't worry!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto. I use the Berry's boxes also for my .470 NE.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KINO:
Thanks for the replies. The frankford boxes at Midway look like the ticket and the price is right.
I am not familiar with HDS Boxes that Macd37 mentions, but will look them up.

Kino, the boxes are not HDS, they were bought from HDS (Huntington Die Specialities)!

The Berry's boxes are fine, but the 4, of 50 seems a little strange for cartridges that big.

The 4 round boxes make sense, but the 50 round boxes do not! I prefere 20 rd boxes. Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I use the ten round MCM "big game ammo wallet" for my 470 rounds.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using the J&J XL-20 for 500NE. I would think they'd work for 470NE. I got them from Midway before they started carrying there own brand. Mine are smoke but Midway still has some in blue P/N 132062.

Roi

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote